- Pattillo, M. "Reflections on Disaster Preparedness: We Need Nurses Who Can "Zoom" In "Community Care" for Matteson & McConnell's Gerontlogical Nursing, 3rd. edition, edited by Adrianne Lindon and Helen Lach. (In press)
- Pattillo, M. (2005). Endnotes: City-Wide Efforts to Provide Shelter and Care to Elderly Evacuees. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 31(11), 36-38.
- Pattillo, Marilyn. (2003) Mass Casualty Disaster Nursing Course. Nurse Educator, 28(6): 271-5.
- Pattillo, M. (2005). Bioterrorism: Table Top Scenario for Nurses.” Advances in Nursing. October, 2005.
- Pattillo, M. (2004). Therapeutic and Healing Foot Care: a Healthy Feet Clinic for Older Adults. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 30(12):25-32
- Pattillo, M., Chesley, D., Castles, P., Sutter, R (2002) Faith Community Nursing: Parish Nursing/health Ministry Collaboration Model in Central Texas. Family Community Health 25(3):41-51.
- Pattillo, M. (2002) Assessing the Gifts, Talents and Skills of Nursing Home Residents. Geriatric Nursing 23(1):48-50.
- Pattillo, M. & Stanley, M. (1999). The Aging Musculoskeletal System. In Gerontological Nursing---A Health Promotion/Protection Approach. 2nd ed., Philadelphia: F.A. Davis, Company.
- Halttunen, A., Casey, A., Henry, S.B., Hoy, D., Hudgings, C., Lang, N., Pattillo, M. & Zielstorff. (1995). Clinical practice. In: Informatics: the infrastructure for quality assessment & improvement in nursing. Proceedings of the Fifth International Nursing Informatics Symposium Post-Conference: Austin, Texas, June 24-25, 1994. UCSF Nursing Press. 92-5.
- Pattillo, M. (1999). Dynamic Aging. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 25 (7), 2-3.
- Pattillo, M. (2004) Great Strides for Gero Nurses. Guest Editorial. Journal of Gerontological Nursing. 30 (12): 4.
- Pattillo, M. (2004). [Review of the book Geriatric Nursing Protocols for Best practice, 2nd Edition by Mathy Mezey, Terry Fulmer, and Ivo Abraham, Eds.].Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing,
- Pattillo, M. (1994). [Review of the video program series Transcultural perspectives in nursing]. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 25: 2.
Abstract of Roundtable Sessions:
- Patton, S. & Pattillo, M. (1993). Continuing education for nurses in geriatric home care. In Determining the Future of Gerontological Nursing Education: Partnerships Between Education and Practice. National League for Nursing Publication No. 14-2508.
Letters to the Editor:
- Letter to the Editor, “Communities Can Answer the Call for Homeland Security” Austin American Statesman, November, 2001.
- Pattillo, M. & Jordan, C. (2002) Ready Texas Nurses Emergency Response System RN Update, 33(2):1-4.
- Pattillo, M. (2002) Homeland Security for Nurses in Texas” Texas Nursing, 76(2):5-11.
- Pattillo, M. (1996). Restraint Free Care: Education, Accountability, and a Team Effort. In Texas Medical Director Association Newsletter, June
- Pattillo, M. (1997). Depression: Diagnosing Takes a Team Approach. In Texas Medical Director Association Newsletter, Spring
- Pattillo, M. (1989). Communication and interpersonal skills: A self-paced programmed learning instruction booklet for nurse aides.
- Pattillo, M.. & Gunther, W. (1989). Instructor Manual for STUDENT WORKBOOK for nurse aides on line with curriculum guidelines.
- Pattillo, M., & Gunther, W. (1989). STUDENT WORKBOOK for nurse aides on line with curriculum guidelines.
- Pattillo, M. (1988). Nurses say "Long-term care is nursing care", The American Nurse (Forum comments).
- Keegan, L., & Pattillo, M. (1984). Survival! Busy woman's guide for returning to school. Temple, TX: Datalife Resources.