- Simpson, C. (2010). Reconciliation of Self: Case studies of Hispanic caregivers of persons with dementia. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 21(2), 167-174.
- Simpson, C. E. & Carter, P. A. (2010). A pilot study of a brief behavioral sleep intervention for caregivers of persons with dementia. Research in Gerontological Nursing. 3(1), 19-29. doi: 10.3928/19404921-2009731-02
- Carter, P.A., Mikan, S. Q, & Simpson, C. (2009). A feasibility study of a two-session home-based cognitive behavioral therapy-insomnia intervention for bereaved family caregivers. Palliative and Supportive Care, 7, 197-206.
- Simpson, C (2008).Decision-Making Capacity and Informed Consent To Participate in Research by Cognitively Impaired Individuals. Applied Nursing Research. Advance online publication. Doi:10.1016/j.apnr.2008.09.002.
- Simpson, C. E. & Clark, A. P. (2005) Nosocomial UTI: Are We Treating the Catheter or the Patient? Clinical Nurse Specialist, 19(4), 175-179.
- Simpson, C. E., Herr, H. J., & Courville, K. A. (2004). Concurrent therapies that protect against doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy. Clinical Journal of Oncology, 8(5),497-501.