Phone: 512 471-7306
Fax: 512 471-3688
Office: NUR 5.122
The University of Texas at Austin, School of Nursing
1710 Red River Street
Austin, TX 78701
Dr. Gaskamp, Associate Professor of Clinical Nursing and Chair of the Family, Public Health and Nursing Administration Division, joined the public health nursing and nursing administration faculty of The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing in 2001. Her nursing career has been in nursing education and community health nursing practice and administration. Dr. Gaskamp completed a doctorate in nursing from the University of Kansas in 2000. A native of Houston, Texas, Dr. Gaskamp lived in the Midwest (Kansas, Iowa and Wisconsin) from 1976 to 2001.
Dr. Gaskamp's scholarly interests include:
- Quality of life
- Congregational health ministries and volunteer health organizations as systems of care;
- Spirituality, healing and environment of care
- Food Security
- Online education
Dr. Gaskamp’s community service includes:
- Volunteer nurse and member of the board of directors of the Samaritan Health Clinic, Cedar Park, TX
- Texas Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke Prevention Partnership
- Association of Community Health Nurse Educators Program Planning Committee for 2014 Annual Institute
- Gaskamp, C. & Kintner, E. Development, Evaluation and utility of a peer evaluation form for online teaching. Nurse Educator. Submitted for publication 2013.
- Meraviglia, M., Gaskamp, C. D., & Sutter, R. (2012). Spirituality in aging. The Nurse's Role in Promoting Optimal Health of Older Adults: Thriving in the Wisdom Years. Philadelphia: F. A. Davis.
- Gaskamp, C. D. & Meraviglia, M. (2011). Spirituality. In J. Fitzpatrick (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Nursing Research (3rd ed).
- Meraviglia, M., Gaskamp, C., & Sutter, R. (2009). Spiritual distress in people with cancer. In Chernecky: Acute Care Oncology Nursing, 2nd Ed. St. Louis: Elsevier, Inc.
- Meraviglia, M., Sutter, R. R., & Gaskamp, C D. (2008). Evidence-based guideline: Providing spiritual care to terminally ill older adults. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 34(7), 8-14.
- Meraviglia, M., Sutter, R., & Gaskamp C. D. (2006) Providing spiritual care to the terminally ill older adult evidence-based guideline. The University of Iowa Gerontological Nursing Interventions Research Center.
- Gaskamp C. D., Sutter, R. & Meraviglia, M. (2005) Promoting spirituality in the older adult evidence based protocol. The University of Iowa Gerontological Nursing Interventions Research Center.
- Gaskamp, C. D. & Smith, C. E. (2005). Quality of life. In J. Fitzpatrick & M. Wallace (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Nursing Research (2nd ed.). Springer.
- Gaskamp, C. D. (2004). Quality of life and changes in health insurance in long-term home care. Nursing Economic$, 22(3), 135-139,146.
- Gaskamp, C. D. (2000) Changes in family economic resources and quality of life in long-term home parenteral nutrition care. Unpublished dissertation, University of Kansas.
- Congregational Health Ministry
- Spirituality and Health links
- Access to Health Care
- Food Security
- Using plants for health promotion