Phone: 512 475-7317
Office: NUR 4.170
The University of Texas at Austin, School of Nursing
1710 Red River Street
Austin, TX 78701
Donna Rolin is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Nursing and the Director of the Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner program at the University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing. She received her PhD in Nursing Research from New York University and MSN in Psychiatric Nursing from the University of Pennsylvania. Her clinical background, as a Psychiatric Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (PMHCNS-BC), encompasses cognitive behavioral, group, and family psychotherapies as well as evaluation and pharmacotherapy for persons with serious mental illness and cognitive disorders in inpatient, community and forensic settings. Her research focuses on community psychiatry and substance use disorders. She is active in the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, where she serves on the Institute for Mental Health Advocacy Steering Committee, and in the Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurses of Austin organization.
- Rolin-Kenny, D.G. (in press to publish 2014). Dementia – Alzheimer’s type. In P.L. Swearingen (Ed.) All-in-one care planning resource (4th ed.). St. Louis: Elsevier.
- Rolin-Kenny, D.G. (in press to publish 2014). Substance-related and addictive disorders. In P.L. Swearingen (Ed.) All-in-one care planning resource (4th ed.). St. Louis: Elsevier.
- Rolin-Kenny, D.G. & Morgan, K.I. (2013). Therapeutic groups. In M.J. Halter (Ed.) Varcarolis’ foundations of psychiatric-mental health nursing (7th ed.). St. Louis: Elsevier.
- Halter, M.J., Rolin-Kenny, D.G. & Grund, F. (2013). The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5): Historical Perspectives. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services, 51(4), p. 22-29. doi: 10.3928/02793695-20130226-03.
- Halter, M.J., Rolin-Kenny, D.G. & Dzurek, L. (2013). An Overview of the DSM-5: Changes, Controversy, and Implications for Psychiatric Nursing. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services, 51(4), p. 30-39. doi: 10.3928/02793695-20130226-02.
- Rolin-Kenny, D. & Naegle, M. (Advisor). (2012). The lived experience of spirituality in alcoholism recovery. ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT). UMI Publication # 3525435.
- Hanrahan, N.P., Rolin-Kenny, D.G., Roman, J., Kumar, A., Aiken, L., & Blank, M. (2011). Promoting self-care management among persons with serious mental illness who have HIV. Home Health Care Management & Practice, 23 (online ahead of print May 12, 2011). doi:10.1177/1084822311405457 [listed as Project for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH) by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), University of Pennsylvania Population Aging Research Center].