- Use cold water in your washing machine.
- Do not put anything in a drain on campus. It will ultimately end up in Town Lake.
- Water lawns during the early morning when temperatures and wind speed are the lowest. This reduces evaporation and waste.
- Replace older toilets with low-flow models to save up to 50%.
- Install FREE water-saving City of Austin - Showerheads that use 2.5 gallons per minute or less.
- “50 Ways to Save Water”. City of Austin Tips.
- Plant native and water less. Visit the Wildflower Center Native Plant Database.