Hot Topics In Nursing
If you are a nurse in central Texas, this is a can’t miss opportunity...
Location: Frank Erwin Center, Lone Star Room | 1701 Red River, Austin, Texas
Date: Friday, April 11, 2008
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 9:00 am - Registration, Welcome, Refreshments
- 9:10 am - Managed Care by Linda Yoder, RN, PhD
- 9:45 am - Poster Presentations available
- 10:00 am - The Nursing Shortage by Clair Jordan, RN, MSN
- 10:35 am - Poster Presentations available
- 11:00 am - Self-Care of the Nurse by Charles M. Dick
- 11:35 am- Poster Presentations available
- Cultural Barriers, MRSA, Evidence-Based Practice, Hospice Care, Energy Drinks, UT Nursing Students
- HIPAA, Leadership vs. Management, Healthy Diet on the Job , Self-Care of the Nurse, N377
- Universal Health Care, Advanced Directives, Stress Management, Immunizations, Leadership & Management
- Available Resources, Standard Precautions, Patient Neglect, Legal Aspects of Nursing, Terry Jones, RN, PhD
- Preventing/Decreasing Medical Errors
- 12:00 pm Adjourn
- Charles M. “Matt” Dick is the Director of Safety and Security in the Department of Risk Management for the Seton Family of Hospitals.
- Clair Jordan, RN, MSN is the Executive Director for the Texas Nurses Association.
- Linda Yoder, RN, PhD, FAAN is an Associate Professor in the School of Nursing at The University of Texas at Austin.
Poster presentations were created by upper-division nursing students at the University of Texas School of Nursing, under the direction of Terry Jones, RN, PhD, Assistant Professor of Nursing.
- Open to nurses, nursing students, nursing faculty, and allied health practitioners
- Symposium created by upper-division nursing students enrolled in N377 under the direction of Terry Jones, RN, PhD, Assistant Professor of Nursing
- Parking available in lot just south of the Erwin Center (enter off Red River Street)
- Refreshments provided
- Fantastic “door prizes” available
Thanks to our corporate partners!