Printer Modified to Allow Copying
The Learning Center's printer has been modified to allow copying. Students are now able to make copies for six cents a page using their Bevo Bucks account. Please see reference desk staff if you have any problems.
New Audiovisual Titles Added to the LC Collection
- Diabetes Mellitus. DVD. WK 810 D5356.
- Rapid Assessment of the Ill or Injured Child Series. DVD. WS 141 R218.
- Nurse Theorists Series. Patricia Benner, Helen Erickson, Nola Pender. DVD. WY 86 N9738.
- Human Sexuality Series. Sex, A Nursing Concern, When the Topic is Sex, Illness, Disability and Sexualilty, parts I and II. DVD. HQ 21 W567.
- Los Trabajadores/The Workers. DVD. WA 300 L879. Tells the story of immigrant day laborers, placing their struggles and contributions in the context of the economic development of Austin, Texas.
- Carey Temperament Scales. Professional Practice Set and Reporter. CE and notebooks. WS 105 C2645
- Gestational Age Assessment and APGAR Scoring. CD. WS 420 G394.
- Race the Power of an Illusion. 3 DVDs. WY 87.3 R118
- A Walk to Beautiful. DVD. WY 87.1 W277. Ethiopian women seek help for obstetric fistulas.
- The Soloist. DVD. WM 203 S689. Movie about a street musician with a remarkable musical talent and who has schizophrenia.
- Nurses Assessment DVD Series. WB 205 N974. Cardiac, Vascular, Neuro, Respiratory, Endocrine, and Fluid & Electrolyte.
- The Released. DVD. WM 140 R382. 60 min. Frontline examines released mentally ill prisoners.
- All in One Basket. DVD. WY 85 A416. Follows three young women through the process of donating their eggs.
- In Our Midst. DVD. WY 85 I35. Examines what life is like for children who were born premature and leave the neonatal intensive care with multiple medical problems and developmental challenges.
- Dreams and Dilemmas. DVD. WY 85 D771. This documentary follows one couple and their premature twin sons over the course of six months in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- The Alzheimer's Project. 3 cds and notebook. WT 155 A478. Adresses living with Alzheimer's, coping with the disease, and the advances of modern science and research in the treatment and prevention of Alzheimer's.
- Airway Management. DVD. WF 100 A298. American Heart Association guidelines.
- HOPE. Helping Optimize Pain Education. WL 704 H483. CD/Notebook. Rec'd 4/2011
- Everyday Choices. DVD WY 85 E92. Ethics & decision-making in home care & community nursing. Rec'd 4/2011
- Nurse Theorists Series. Vol 2. Merle Mishel
. Rec'd 4/2011
- Glassy-Eyed. DVD WY 155 G549. An artist who struggles with Alzheimer's disease. His paintings change as his disease progresses. DVD. Rec'd 4/2011
- Healthy Steps for Teen Parents. Labor and Birth. 2nd ed. DVD. WQ 150 H4335. Rec'd 9/22/11
- To Baby with Love and The Comfortable Latch. new breastfeeding DVDs. WS 125 T627