Taking Quizzes in the Learning Center. You must use Respondus Lockdown Browser.
- Log on to one of the computers in the LC, as you normally would.
- Left click on the “Start” button in the bottom left hand corner
- Left click on “All Programs”
- Left click on the “Respondus” folder then on the “Lockdown Browser”
- A window will pop up called “Choose Server”. Left click on the down arrow of the dropdown menu and left click on “BB @ U Texas” to choose Blackboard course site or “UT Austin SON – Canvas” to choose a Canvas course site.
- The browser will open on the Blackboard or Canvas login page. Enter your EID and password as you normally do to login to Blackboard or Canvas.
- Navigate to the course for which you are taking this test. Tests are usually listed in the “Assignments” or “Quizzes” menu item.
- Navigate down the page of choices until you find the test or quiz you need. Left click to choose that test.
- The “Begin” page will open. Left click on either of the “Begin” buttons on the right side of the page.
- The test page will open. You will not be able to open any other windows or functions during the test.
- Read and follow the instructions at the top of the page. Complete each test item as instructed.
- You may save each item as you go or save all at the end of the test.
- Make sure to click on the “Save and Submit” button when you are done with the test.
- You may get one or more “Are you sure” pop-ups to choose to go back and review/change your answers. Click on your choice.
- A “Test Submitted” screen will appear. Left click on “OK” to review your results. Choose “Yes” to close the window and go to the review page.
- Click on the “X” button in the upper right corner to close the secure browser and return to regular desktop functions
NOTE: Contact the SimLab staff for technical problems with the quiz (471-9062) and the course instructors for content problems or questions about the quiz items.