If your instructor has set up a test and requires you to use Respondus Lockdown BRowser, please follow the directions below.
- Log on to one of the computers in the LC, as you normally would.
- Left click on the “Start” button in the bottom left hand corner
- Left click on “All Programs”
- Left click on the “Respondus” folder then on the “Lockdown Browser”
- A window will pop up called “Choose Server”. Left click on the down arrow of the dropdown menu and left click on either “UT Austin SON – Canvas” to choose a Canvas course site or “BB @ U Texas” to choose Blackboard course site.
- The browser will open on the Canvas or Blackboard login page. Enter your EID and password as you normally do to login to Canvas or Blackboard
- Navigate to the course for which you are taking this test. Tests are usually listed in the “Assignments” or “Quizzes” menu item.
- Navigate down the page of choices until you find the test or quiz you need. Left click to choose that test.
- The “Begin” page will open. Left click on either of the “Begin” buttons on the right side of the page.
- The test page will open. You will not be able to open any other windows or functions during the test.
- Read and follow the instructions at the top of the page. Complete each test item as instructed.
- You may save each item as you go or save all at the end of the test.
- Make sure to click on the “Save and Submit” button when you are done with the test.
- You may get one or more “Are you sure” pop-ups to choose to go back and review/change your answers. Click on your choice.
- A “Test Submitted” screen will appear. Left click on “OK” to review your results. Choose “Yes” to close the window and go to the review page.
- Click on the “X” button in the upper right corner to close the secure browser and return to regular desktop functions.
NOTE: Please contact the course instructor for content issues, questions about the quiz items or grades. The ITS Help and Service Desk can assist with Canvas or Respondus Lockdown Browser issues. You can contact them at 512-475-9400 or via ITS Help and Service Desk web page.