After You Are Admitted


If you are accepted for admission, you must submit your official transcripts (including translations if in a language other than English) before you will be permitted to enroll. Official transcripts are those that bear the facsimile signature of the registrar and seal of the issuing institution. Official transcripts from US colleges or universities must have been produced by the issuing institution within the past calendar year.

The official transcript will be compared to the document you uploaded. Any alterations or omission of information on the transcripts submitted to The University of Texas at Austin could be grounds for cancellation of your application and/or the withdrawal of the offer of admission.

There are two methods for submitting your transcript(s):

  • 1) If your college or university is on the Texas Electronic Transcript Network (SPEEDE) you can have your transcript(s) sent electronically. Check with the registrar of your institution to find out if transcripts can be sent via the SPEEDE server. We cannot accept electronic transcripts sent by registrars or third-party entities in any other format, i.e., by email or by links to secure web sites.


  • 2) You can send your official transcripts to the Graduate and International Admissions Center.

Please use our submission form when you mail in your transcripts.

Mail your official transcripts to:

Address (for postal service):
Graduate and International Admissions Center
The University of Texas at Austin
P.O. Box 7156
Austin, TX 78713

Street Address (for overnight letter or courier delivery):
Graduate and International Admissions Center
The University of Texas at Austin
Walter Webb Hall
405 W. 25th Street
Austin, TX 78705

Stay in contact with your department.  Your graduate coordinator can help you resolve any departmental matters.

Visit the Graduate School web site to familiarize yourself with campus, resources, services, and more.

Meet the university's immunization requirements.

Review the course schedule to plan for registration.  (requires UT EID)

Additionally, international students should contact the International Office. The International Office provides assistance for incoming and currently enrolled students from other countries.  For more information view their pre-arrival checklist for new international students. You may also download the Financial Responsibility Form.

apply for grad school share and connect
twitter link facebook link gradnews blog link


vertical line