How to Apply
- For US Citizens
- Permanent Residents of the U.S.
- International Students
- International Students who have attended The University of Texas at Austin as undergraduate students
- For UT-Austin graduate students who have not been enrolled for one long semester or more and wish to return to the department in which they were last enrolled.
- Deadlines for submitting the application for readmission:
Summer - May 1; Fall - August 1; Spring - December 1
For current or returning UT-Austin graduate students who wish to be considered for admission to a different graduate department.
To apply to law school, consult the UT School of Law web site.
For applicants who wish to take graduate-level coursework without becoming a candidate for an advanced degree. YOU MUST HOLD A BACHELOR'S DEGREE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE NON-DEGREE (GRADUATE) PROGRAM.
A Graduate Studies Committee may recommend, with the consent of the Graduate Dean, that a student be admitted to the Graduate School with conditions.
- The graduate adviser may require you to maintain a certain grade point average or to take a certain number of hours of coursework.
- For students admitted with deficiencies in undergraduate preparation or whose gpa is below the minimum requirements.
If you do not fulfill the conditions within the specified time you may be barred from subsequent registration in the Graduate School.