Application to Another Graduate Major (Change of Major)


Print and complete the application

View and print the Application to Another Graduate Major (pdf).(DO NOT USE APPLYTEXAS.ORG WHEN APPLYING TO CHANGE GRADUATE PROGRAMS.)

Completed applications should be mailed to:
Graduate & International Admissions Center
The University of Texas at Austin
P.O. Box 7608
Austin, Texas 78713-7608

Pay your application fee

If you have been absent for one long semester or more, you are required to submit a nonrefundable $65 readmission fee or submit an approved Leave of Absence form. You may pay the fee by check or money order made payable to The University of Texas at Austin or through UT Direct "What I Owe".

Write your UT EID on your check or money order.

If you were granted a Leave of Absence, you may present a copy of your approved Leave of Absence form to have the $65 application fee waived. This form may be obtained from your graduate program and must include the appropriate signatures. If you are currently enrolled in the Graduate School at The University of Texas at Austin, you do not have to pay a fee to apply to another graduate program unless you are moving from the Graduate School to the Graduate School of Business or vice versa. Applications requiring a fee will not be processed until the fee or Leave of Absence form is received.

Submit official transcripts to GIAC

You should complete the Transcript Request Form provided with the application and submit it along with $10 to the Office of the Registrar (Main Building, Room 1). This will cover the cost of duplicating your academic record. You do not need to furnish transcripts of work done at other institutions if the work has been posted to your permanent record at UT Austin. (If you entered UT Austin prior to 1974, the transcripts of work at other institutions are no longer on file and must be submitted anew.) Note: If you have attended another senior college or university since you were last enrolled at UT Austin, you must provide an official transcript for evaluation in addition to the transcripts on file in the Office of the Registrar. Transcripts should be sent to the Graduate and International Admissions Center at the address above.

Submit an official test score to GIAC

If you presented a valid score in the past, the Graduate and International Admission Center will require no further reports. Consult the graduate program to which you are applying to check on departmental test score requirements.

Additional Supporting Documents

All graduate programs have additional requirements and application materials that you must complete before they will consider your application. Deadlines and additional requirements are set by individual graduate programs. Most programs will allow you to upload additional supporting documents via the My Status Web site. Check with the program you are applying to for instructions on submitting additional supporting documents.


vertical line