Interdisciplinary Degree Programs
The university offers a number of established interdisciplinary academic programs that make use of research facilities and faculty expertise from related academic areas.
In addition to these opportunities for interdisciplinary study, students may construct an "ad hoc interdisciplinary doctoral program" with the permission of the graduate program into which they were admitted. Read more about ad hoc interdisciplinary programs.
Established Interdisciplinary Degrees
- American Studies
- Asian Studies
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Comparative Literature
- Computational Sciences, Engineering and Mathematics
- Engineering Management
- Foreign Language Education
- Latin American Studies
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Operations Research and Industrial Engineering
- Technology Commercialization