Outstanding Alumnus(a) Award
This award recognizes outstanding academic or nonacademic achievements of Graduate School alumni and alumnae since their graduation from The University of Texas at Austin with a doctoral or master's degree. The award recipient will be honored at the Graduate School Convocation. The award recipient will be reimbursed for travel expenses.
A $5000 fellowship in the name of the award recipient will be given to a student selected from the graduate program from which the outstanding alumnus/alumna graduated. Procedures for selecting the fellowship recipient will be forwarded to the appropriate graduate program after the award winner has been selected.
Criteria for Nomination
Nominees should have achieved preeminence in their academic or professional careers as demonstrated by service in the public or private sector, membership in scholarly communities, publications, artistic endeavors, creativity, honors, or other significant contributions.
Nomination and Selection Procedures
- Each graduate program may nominate one alumnus/alumna who received either a doctoral or a master's degree from the university.
- Submit one set of the following materials:
- Completed nomination form (pdf)
- Letter of nomination from the dean, department chair, program director, or graduate adviser
- Nominee's vita or resume documenting the nominee's achievements.
- The award selection committee will evaluate the nominations and make their recommendation to the Senior Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate Studies.
Nomination packets consist of one set of the required materials (see nomination form).
For instructions on submitting your nomination form via the secure upload Web site:
Friday, January 23, 2015
Jeffrey L. Elman, considered one of the Department of Linguistics’ most distinguished alumnus, has been named the Graduate School’s Outstanding Alumnus for 2014.
Read more »
For additional information
John Dalton, Assistant Dean