Child Care and Local Schools


Child Care

As a graduate student you are eligible to use The University of Texas Child Development Center; a program caring for children from 6 weeks to 5 years of age. You must apply for the service and will be placed on a waiting list according to the date of your application. To learn more and to apply visit

HealthPoint Work/Life Services is pleased to partner with LifeCare to provide UT Austin benefits eligible employees and their family members access to an array of work-life resource and referral services.

You may also want to consider visiting the Texas Department of Family and Protective Serves (DFPS) at DFPS provides a list of all licensed child care providers by zip code to help you search for a part-tine caregiver for your child. If you need financial assistance for child care, you can contact Work Source Austin at 512-597-7191 or online at

Local Schools

The Austin Independent School District's Web site gives a comprehensive list of elementary, middle and high schools in the Austin area. Visit them online at to learn more.

apply to UT Child Center share and connect
twitter link facebook link gradnews blog link
Family Life


vertical line