Combining Multiple PDF Files Into One
These instructions assume you chose to label the first of your multiple PDF files "etd.pdf" as suggested in "Creating PDF Files in Word or Wordperfect for Windows".
- Open your "etd.pdf" file in Adobe Acrobat.
- Select Insert Pages from within the Document menu.
- A Select File To Insert popup box will appear. Highlight the file
you wish to append to etd.pdf and then select the Select button.
(this process will be easiest if you work your way from front to back
through the dissertation, appending successive sections to the first file, "etd.pdf")
- An Insert popup box will appear. If you are following the suggestion
under Step 3, select the After option under Location. Under Page determine
exactly where you wish the selected file to be inserted. If you are assembling
the dissertation section by section, you will want the file to be inserted
after the last page of the current section. In this case, select Last.
Select OK to complete this step.
- Check the updated "etd.pdf" file within Exchange to make sure this is proceeding in the order you want.
- Continue to add subsequent files in the same way.