Culture and Entertainment
Austin is home to more than 35 art museums, 250 performing arts groups, and an incredible variety of music and arts festivals. No matter your interest or the time of year, Austin has a wide range of cultural activities available.
- University of Texas Performing Arts Center
- Frank Erwin Center
- Long Center for the Performing Arts
- The Austin Symphony, Ballet Austin
- Austin Lyric Opera
- South by Southwest (SXSW)
- Austin City Limits Music Festival
- Blues on the Green
- Old Pecan Street Festival
Events for Students
There are always events going on that are geared toward University of Texas students. Visit the Cactus Café site to find live music happening on campus, and see the Texas Union page to learn about on-campus activities. And remember to keep your eyes and ears open for events within your own department!