Conditional Admissions Petitions
Petitions to request the removal of conditional admissions status that deal with required grade point average (GPA), language proficiency, and submission of an official test score can be made to Dr. Terry Kahn, Associate Dean of Graduate Studies.
If you need any admission conditions lifted for your students during summer, 2009, please email Marla Boye (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let her know. Since she will log and image your email for the student's file, please send an individual email for each student. If you have a letter from your graduate adviser regarding removing the conditions, you can fax that to Marla at 512-475-7395. She will check to make sure that the conditions have been met and she will then remove conditions. If you have any late admits that need to be reviewed, please take action in EASI in the usual manner. The files will be routed to Pat Ellison, Director of the Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC).
Conditions that Dean Kahn does NOT resolve include submission of an official transcript and the submission of an official degree award; failure to provide these credentials will result in a registration bar placed upon the student in question by These bars will be removed once the credentials have been received by GIAC.
Petitions to waive conditions for the purpose of employment must be made to Dr. Terry Kahn, Associate Dean of Graduate Studies. For assistance with these petitions, please contact Julie Meyer at email@example.com.
Appropriate conditional admissions petitions can be submitted to Pat Ellison.
- Provide the NAME, UT EID, and MAJOR for the student.
- Summarize the conditions that were placed on the student at the time of admission.
- Summarize the steps taken to satisfy the conditions that were placed on the student at the time of admission.
- A list of graduate-level courses the student took during the semester under consideration should be included.
- Do NOT include the specific grades that the student earned during the semester under conditional status if the petition is sent via e-mail or FAX.
- One petition per student will expedite processing.