Extension Credit


Up to six semester hours of work done in extension classes through the university's Division of Continuing Education may be listed on the Program of Work, with the approval of the Graduate Studies Committee and the graduate dean.  The extension credit must be in graduate-level courses, the courses and instructors must be approved in advance by the Graduate School and by the program in which the student would otherwise take the work on campus, and the student must be admitted to the Graduate School before taking the extension courses.  Grades earned in extension courses under these circumstances are included in the calculation of the grade point average. Enrollment in University Extension courses does not count toward the full-time enrollment status required for academic employment.

The form, Graduate Student Request for University Extension Credit (.pdf), is available for the purpose of obtaining the approvals of the graduate program and the graduate dean.


vertical line