Withdrawal from the Graduate School


Dropping an entire course load constitutes withdrawal from the university for that semester.  To withdraw from the Graduate School, the student must file with the graduate dean a Withdrawal and Refund Request form which also explains refund policies.  This form can be obtained from the Graduate School in Main Building 101.  When a student is unable to complete a withdrawal form on campus, a signed request to withdraw may be faxed to the Graduate School at (512) 475-8851. All requests for withdrawal must be accompanied by an acknowledgement from the student's Graduate Advisor.  The student may withdraw through the last class day of the semester.

Students in a warning status because of failure to maintain a grade point average of at least 3.0 may not withdraw without a petition from the graduate adviser and the approval of the graduate dean.

Withdrawals for international students also require the consent of the International Office.  Withdrawals for students receiving federal financial aid require the consent of the Office of Student Financial Services.  Academic appointments may not extend beyond the effective date of a student's withdrawal.

Medical withdrawals are initiated through University Health Services. Specific information about the medical withdrawal process can be found at http://healthyhorns.utexas.edu/medicalwithdrawals.html.


vertical line