University Operations Professional Development
The University Operations Professional Development site lists training and programs open to University Operations employees.
Leadership Growth Program
For high performing employees, this is an intensive six month experience-based learning program. Program details and qualification and selection criteria can be found on the Leadership Growth Program page.
The Breakthrough Workshop (PN583) is a self-development workshop which will assist participants in creating individual development plans. The objective is to identify personal leadership strengths and challenges and then build a personal development plan to address individual career aspirations. This is also a prerequisite to apply for the Leadership Growth Program.
The reading group is a series of strucutred weekly meetings to dicuss a preselected leadership or management book. Participants recieve a reading and discussion schedule at the begining of the series. The group is open to anyone interested in the book selected for discussion (with supervisory approval).
- The Oz Principle: Getting results through individual and organizational accountability
August 2-24, NOA 4.106
Dates and Registration [EID required]
The following technology training is offered by Campus Planning and Facilities Management and are open to all University Operations employees with supervisory approval. [Note: Links will open a new browser window/tab; EID required]
|Course Title||Course Description||Course Dates and Registration|
|Visio Basics||PP2243||Dates and Registration|
|Excel Advanced Features||PP140||Dates and Registration|
|PowerPoint Intermediate||PP2336||Dates and Registration|
|Computer Basics||PP405||Dates and Registration|
|Outlook Basics||PP2460||Dates and Registration|
|Introduction to SharePoint||PP2245||Dates and Registration|
|Make it WORQS||PP2438||Dates and Registration|
CareerSmart is a campus training program which lists training and development opportunities for university staff.
- CareerSmart Staff Training Index - Has classes listed by topics which include: Administration and Human Resources, Communication and Interpersonal, Compliance & Policies, Health and Safety, and Management & Technical Skills.
- CareerSmart Certificate Programs - Certificate programs offer a more comprehensive training package for staff who are interested in building their career.
- University Operations Development Offerings
- Leadership Growth Program
- Breakthrough Workshop
- Reading Group