About the Leadership Growth Program
The Leadership Growth Program is for high performing employees who have an interest in advancing their career at The University of Texas at Austin. The program curriculum utilizes multiple learning methods that provides a personalized learning experience for each individual learner.
Upon completion of the Leadership Growth Program participants will:
- Have personalized development plans.
- Have tools to learn from key job experiences.
- Have strategies to manage their careers through seeking and participating in appropriate developmental opportunities.
- Have strategies to guide a meaningful dialogue with their supervisor about their career aspirations and how they plan to develop in their current job.
Who is eligible?
University Operations high performing employees who have worked for UT Austin at least 12 continuous months and received an above "meets expectations" rating on their last performance appraisal, and perform senior professional work.
Examples of senior professional work are:
- Sitting as a member of a departmental management team.
- Leading large projects and project teams without having direct supervisory responsibility of team members.
- Leading a taskforce.
Employees must also exhibit mastery of certain competencies throughout the application process. These competencies will be disclosed to interested participants and their supervisors upon completion of the Breakthrough Workshop [see Breakthrough Workshop for registration information].
How to apply
- Individual attends the Breakthrough Workshop [see Breakthrough Workshop for registration information].
- Individual completes the Leadership Growth Program Application [PDF*] and submits application to direct supervisor for signature.
- Supervisor completes the supervisor section of the Leadership Growth Program Application and attaches the employee’s most recent performance appraisal and forwards documents to the director (or appropriate chain of command).
Note: Signature indicates supervisor approves the applicant for the program.
- Director reviews all documents, signs the application form and forwards to the Associate Vice President (AVP).
Note: Signature indicates the director approves the applicant for the program.
- AVP reviews all documents, signs the application form and forwards to Elida Lee at Campus Mail J5600 or hand delivered to North Office Building A (NOA) 2nd floor receptionist.
Note: Signature indicates the AVP approves the applicant for the program.
- University Operations Development Offerings
- Leadership Growth Program
- Breakthrough Workshop
- Reading Group