What We Do
The Desktop Support team members provide the technical know-how University Operations service units need to ensure their desktop systems, laptops, and printers are reliable and responsive.
We are your:
- First responder when you're having computer problems
- Liaison with ITS and other campus resources for network access needs
- Purchasing agent for new hardware and software
- Technician when your equipment needs a hardware or software update
How We Do It
Our Local Area Network Administrators (LAN Admins) use remote assistance, in-person visits, and a tiered escalation protocol to provide a rapid resolution to your computer problems. We track the efficiency and effectiveness of our work with help desk software, and customer satisfaction surveys.
We work closely with:
- ITS to provide secure access to UT Campus IT resources and the Internet
- UT Accounting to ensure compliance with state purchasing requirements
- Vendors (i.e., Dell, Apple, Cisco) to find the best value for your IT dollars
Who We Are
The Desktop Support team has the broad range of skills and knowledge necessary to support our wide variety of clients, from the novice to the advanced computer user.
Along with a friendly smile, we bring you:
- People and communication skills that enhance an awareness of business and end-user needs
- Project Management skills for complex assignments (i.e., portfolio-wide hardware deployments and system/application upgrades)
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certifications