Civil Rights Summit
With the upcoming Civil Rights Summit (April 8-10), we expect increased traffic congestion and delays. We encourage all those commuting to the university during this time to use alternative transportation whenever possible. Please see detailed information below about how your parking may be affected.
- Sunday (4/6) at 9 a.m. – Friday (4/11) at 11 p.m.
- A spaces along Robert Dedman Dr.
- Monday (4/7) at 12:01 a.m. – Friday (4/11) at 11 p.m.
- Lot 37
- Tuesday (4/8) at 12:01 a.m. – Thursday (4/10) at 11 p.m.
- Lot 38, 39, 40, and 41
- C spaces on Clyde Littlefield Dr.
- Metered (Pay & Display) spaces on Red River between Clyde Littlefield Dr. and Dean Keeton
- R, S, N+, C+, and non-permitted/paid daily parking at Manor Garage (MAG)
- Thursday (4/10), 6 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- F20 access limited - Trinity St will have intermittent closures during this time
- San Jacinto Garage entrance/exit off of Trinity St - please use San Jacinto Blvd entrance/exit
- A permit holders
- Manor Garage (MAG) - limited space is available to A permit holders Tuesday (4/8) through Thursday (4/10) on a first-come, first-served basis by showing your A permit at the gate. Please note: Garage spaces are limited and will not be guaranteed. If you leave the garage at any point during the day, you are not guaranteed to get another space that day.
- Alternate A and Longhorn Lots – you may park in any A or Longhorn Lot not listed above as closed. See the campus parking map for lots.
- C permit holders – Please be advised to park in alternate C and Longhorn Lots not listed above as closed. See C parking map for lots.
- F 39 permit holders – you will receive a separate email with relocation instructions.
- Affected garage permit holders – you will receive a separate email with relocation instructions.
There will be limited ADA parking for D permit holders in the closed/restricted lots on a space-available basis during their respective closure dates. Please be prepared to show the attendant your UT D and state disability placard before entering Trinity St.
Trinity St between 23rd Street and Robert Dedman Dr will close on an intermittent basis between 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Access cannot be guaranteed during this timeframe. We recommend that those with ADA parking needs park by 8:30 a.m. If you are unable to access Trinity St, please park in the San Jacinto Garage using the San Jacinto St entrance.
Civil Rights Summit Parking Map
- Tuesday (4/8) through Thursday (4/10), 6 a.m.-6 p.m. daily
Clyde Littlefield Dr - A barricade will be placed daily between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Tuesday (4/8) through Thursday (4/10) prohibiting right turns from northbound Robert Dedman Dr. to Clyde Littlefield Dr. and prohibiting left turns from southbound Robert Dedman Dr. to Clyde Littlefield Dr. Please expect traffic delays throughout this period and plan accordingly.
- Thursday (4/10) ONLY, 6 a.m. -1 p.m.
Robert Dedman Dr - between 23rd Street and Dean Keeton will be closed to all parking, pedestrian traffic, bicycles, and vehicular traffic.
- Thursday (4/10) ONLY, 8:30 a.m. -1 p.m.
Trinity Street - between 23rd Street and Robert Dedman Dr will close on an intermittent basis between 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Access cannot be guaranteed during this timeframe. We recommend that those with ADA parking needs park by 8:30 a.m.
Shuttle and Capital Metro
Beginning April 10th, mid-morning, Capital Metro and Shuttle routes near the LBJ Library will be detoured. See the Capital Metro detour page for details and a list of affected routes. Additionally, delays are expected on all routes throughout the day.
All racks around LBJ Library (LBJ), Sid Richardson Hall (SRH), and the Thompson Conference Center (TCC) will not be accessible on Thursday (4/10) from 12:01 a.m. to 11 p.m. Please look for signs to indicate affected racks.