Presidential Visit Parking Information
General Street Closures and UT Parking Disruptions
- 21ST Street from San Jacinto Blvd through Speedway will be closed to all traffic and all parking beginning at 5 pm, Sunday August 8, 2010. Vehicles parked on this street after 5 pm on Sunday August 8, 2010 will be towed.
- San Jacinto Blvd from Martin Luther King Blvd (MLK) to 21st Street will be closed to all parking beginning at 5 pm, Sunday August 8, 2010. Vehicles parked on this street after 5 pm on Sunday will be towed.
- All parking and street traffic will revert to its normal status two hours after the departure of the President.
Visitor Parking Information for President Obama's Speech at UT-Austin on Monday August 9, 2010
- All parking for the Barack Obama speech will be located in the Brazos Garage (BRG). No parking is available for this event on any of the University streets or lots. All guests should park in BRG only.
- Parking in BRG for this event will open at 7:30 am.
- Parking in BRG will require you to show your admission ticket for the Obama speech before entering the garage.
- Parking will be “No Charge” as long as your vehicle is removed by 6 pm on Monday August 9, 2010.
- Access to BRG is from Martin Luther King Blvd (MLK) and Brazos St.
- If BRG fills, parking will be diverted to Trinity Garage (TRG) or the Conference Center Garage (CCG). Only park in this location if BRG is full.
- Passenger drop off is at 21st and Speedway.
- Drop Location can be accessed from Guadalupe and 21st or via University Ave from MLK to 21st.
- Proceed east on 21st to the intersection of 21st and Speedway for drop off.
- At the drop off location, please make sure you are given a drop off placard so you may return to this area at the completion of the event.
- After receiving the drop off placard you will drive south on Speedway to Jester Circle to BRG for parking. (Make sure you have your ticket with you or you will not be able to park.)
- No one will be allowed to counter flow back to the drop off area for pick-up until the event is complete and President Obama has departed the area.
- At completion of the event please show the UT staff member at Jester Circle and Brazos Street your drop off placard and you will be allowed to continue on Jester Circle back to Speedway and 21st for pickup.
- After pick up, please exit from campus by driving west on 21st.
- All others will exit from BRG to Brazos St and then to MLK.
- Please review the map closely for additional information
printable version (pdf)