Class A Permit Eligibility
- Any employee of The University of Texas at Austin who is not registered for more than three hours per semester or
- Post-doctoral fellowship recipients, visiting scholars, and consultants (verified by letter from the head of their department) or
- Graduate students registered at The University of Texas at Austin for courses of instruction and who are employed by The University of Texas at Austin for at least 20 hours per week (verified by a signed copy of the appointment or reappointment form, or a letter from the dean, director, or department chair) or
- Teaching assistants with less than a half-time appointment whose jobs involve a supervisory role in the public schools (verified by a letter from the head of their department) or
- Pre-doctoral fellowship recipients whose monthly stipend meets the full-time rate specified in the instructions (fellowship status and stipend to be verified by a copy of the signed fellowship appointment form) or
- Research fellows (must be verified by a signed letter from the department chair) or
- International Visiting Researchers (must be verified by a signed letter from the department chair).
Note: Employees assigned to any affiliated student non-academic or undergraduate student academic job titles are ineligible for an "A" permit.