UT students, faculty, and staff may ride Capital Metro mainline buses free by presenting a valid UT photo ID upon entering the bus.
To get to campus on Saturdays, Capital Metro services many of the UT Shuttle route areas.
Need to get to the mall? Try these routes.
The Capital Metro mainline bus system provides access to many different parts of the Austin area, including Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. For more information, visit the Capital Metro web site at www.capmetro.org.
Capital Metro’s MetroRail will provide passenger rail services that extend 32 miles between Leander and downtown Austin. Parking and Transportation Services and Capital Metro want you to know that all students, faculty and staff will be able to ride the MetroRail free upon presenting a valid University identification card.
The rail will offer nine stations with service every 30 minutes during your morning and afternoon commute (see the list of the nine stations below) and feature Wi-Fi service, bicycle and luggage racks, and tables or pull-down trays. Commuters to the University may take the MetroRail to the MLK Jr. Station and from there, they board direct route connector buses for The University of Texas at Austin.
Capital MetroRail Stations:
- Downtown Station — located outside the Convention Center at 4TH Street between Neches and Trinity
- Plaza Saltillo Station — located at the Plaza Saltillo at 5th Street and Comal
- MLK, Jr. Station — located on MLK, Jr. and Alexander St.
- Highland Station — located along Airport Blvd. just south of Highland Mall Blvd.
- Crestview Station — located west of Lamar between Justin St. and St. John’s Ave.
- Kramer Station — located near Kramer Lane east of Burnet Road
- Howard Station — located at the southwest corner of Howard Lane and MoPac
- Lakeline Station — located at the Northwest Park & Ride on Lakeline Blvd. at Lyndhurst
- Leander Station — located on U.S. Hwy. 183 just north of FM2243
Dadnab is a text messaging service that plans your trips on Capital Metro buses. Send a text message to Austin@dadnab.com or (512) 981-6221 with your origin and destination, and you’ll receive a text message telling you which bus to take, at which location, and at what time.
Disclaimer: Dadnab provides Capital Metro schedule information, but Capital Metro and Parking and Transportation Serivces does not operate the service nor guarantee its reliability.
RideScout is a mobile smartphone application that aggregates ground transportation ride options to allow users to compare them in real time. Its mission is to provide ground transportation information so intuitively and efficiently that commuters will experience the same on-demand flexibility and reliability of car ownership and consider leaving their car at home, or giving up car ownership completely. RideScout is headquartered in Austin, TX. Become part of the community by signing up for their newsletter: www.ridescoutapp.com