MEDICATION THERAPY MANAGEMENT/PATIENT CARE SERVICES
- Fleming ML,* Chandwani HS,* Barner JC, Weber SN,* Okoro TT.* Prescribers' and pharmacists' requests for prescription monitoring program (PMP) data: Does PMP structure matter? Forthcoming Journal of Pain and Palliative Care Pharmacotherapy 2013;27(2).
- Oladapo AO,* Barner JC, Rascati KL. The need for more evidence-based studies to justify the economic value for the provision of medication therapy management and other clinical pharmacy services. Clinical Therapeutics. 2012;34(11):2196-2198.
- Bellone J,* Barner JC, Lopez D. Post discharge interventions provided by pharmacists and the impact on hospital readmission rates. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association 2012;52(3):48-52.
- Moczygemba LR, Barner JC, Gabrillo ER. 12 Month Outcomes of a Medicare Part D Telephone Medication Therapy Management Program. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2012;52:6:e144-e152.
- Fleming M,* Barner JC, Brown CM, Smith T. Antidepressant treatment disparities: Implications for pharmacists. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2011;51(5):605-612.
- Moczygemba LR,* Barner JC, Lawson KA, Brown CM, Gabrillo ER, Godley P, Johnsrud M. The impact of telephone medication therapy management on medication and health-related problems, medication adherence and Medicare Part D drug costs: A 6-month follow-up. The American Journal of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy 2011;9(5):328-338.
- Moczygemba LR,* Barner JC, Brown CM, Lawson KA, Gabrillo ER, Johnsrud M, Godley P. Patient satisfaction with a pharmacist-provided telephone medication therapy management program. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. 2010;6(2):143-154.
- Ruiz AD,* Frei CR, Barner JC, Carson J, Oramasionwu C, Ruiz JL, Daniels K, Mohr JF, Klepser ME. Influenza vaccination rates among pharmacists. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2010;50(4):48-53.
- Ruiz AD,* Daniels KA,* Barner JC, Carson JJ, Frei CR. Impact of conventional and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy on cardiovascular and breast health: a review. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Compounding. 2011;15(4):290-300.
- Ruiz AD,* Daniels KA,* Barner JC, Carson JJ, Frei CR. Effectiveness of compounded bioidentical hormone replacement therapy: an observational cohort study. BMC Women's Health 2011, 11:27:1-10.
- Barner JC, Makhninova TV.* Economic implications of inhaler non-adherence in asthma and COPD in the USA. Proceedings of Respiratory Drug Delivery 2012, Davis Healthcare International: River Grove, IL, pp 261-270.
- Oladapo AO,* Barner JC, Rascati KL, Scott SA. Examining adherence with medications used in treating diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain and their association with oral antidiabetic medication adherence. Clinical Therapeutics 2012;34(3):605-613.
- Bailey GR,* Barner JC, Weems JK, Leckbee G, Solis R, Montemayor D, Pope ND. Assessing barriers to medication adherence in underserved patients with diabetes in Texas. The Diabetes Educator 2012;38(2):271-279.
- Khoza S,* Barner JC, Bohman T, Rascati K, Lawson K, Wilson J. Use of antidepressant agents and risk of type 2 diabetes. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2011 DOI: 10.1007/s00228-011-1168-3.
- Barner JC, Khoza S,* Oladapo AO.* ADHD medication use, adherence, persistence and cost among Texas Medicaid children. Current Medical Research and Opinion 2011;27:13-22.
- Barner JC. Adherence to oral antidiabetic agents with pioglitazone and metformin: comparison of fixed-dose combination therapy to monotherapy and loose-dose combination therapy. Clinical Therapeutics. 2011;33:1281-1288.
- Khoza S,* Oladapo A,* Barner JC. Adherence to medication for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): Does time frame matter? Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research. 2011;2(3):157-163.
HEALTH CARE UTILIZATION/OUTCOMES
- Desai P,* Lawson KL, Barner JC, Rascati KL. Identifying patient characteristics associated with high schizophrenia-related direct medical costs in community-dwelling patients. Forthcoming Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy.
- Khoza S,* Barner JC, Richards EK. Comparison of multivariable-adjusted logistic regression with propensity score techniques using pharmacy claims data. Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research 2011;2(4):233-242.
- Olotu B, Brown CM, Lawson KA, Barner JC. Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) utilization in Texas hospices: prevalence, importance, and challenges. Forthcoming American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Koffarnus RL,* Mican LM, Lopez DA, Barner JC. Evaluation of an inpatient psychiatric hospital physician education program and adherence to American Diabetes Association Practice recommendations. Forthcoming Journal of Health-System Pharmacy Residents.
- Khoza S,* Barner JC. Glucose dysregulation associated with antidepressant agents: an analysis of 17 case reports. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy. 2011;33:484-492.
- Barner JC, Bohman T, Brown CM, Richards K. Use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) for treatment among African-Americans: a multivariate analysis. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. 2010;6(3):196-208.
- Brown CM, Barner JC, Bohman T, Richards K. A multivariate test of an expanded Andersen healthcare utilization model for complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use in African Americans. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2009;15(8):211-919.
*Denotes students or residents
> Return to Barner's Home Page