Selected Recent Publications
- Rascat Park H, Rascati KL, Keith M et al. Cost-effectiveness of lanthanum carbonate vs sevelamer hydrochloride in patients with end-stage renal disease: A US payer perspective. Value in Health. [in press]
- Kim YA, Loucks A, Lightwood J, Yokokyama G, Rascati K, Serxner S. Evaluation of a value-based insurance design in a large retail employer: impact of adherence, utilization and costs. American Journal of Managed Care.[in press]
- Desai PR, Chandwani HS, Rascati KL Assessing the Quality of Pharmacoeconomic Studies in India: A Systematic Review. Assessing the Quality of Pharmacoeconomic studies in India: a Systematic Review. PharmacoEconomics [in press]
- Gavaza P, Rascati KL, Aladapo A, Khoza S, The state of Health Economic Research in South Africa: A Systematic Review. PharmacoEconomics [in press].
- Rascati KL, Richards KM, Ott CA, Goddard AW et al. Adherence, Persistence of Use, and Costs Associated with Second-Generation Antipsychotics for Bipolar Disorder, Psychiatric Services , September 2011; Vol. 62, No. 9.
- Kim Y, Rascati K, Prasla K, Godley P, Goel N, Dunlop D. Retrospective evaluation of the impact of copayment increases for specialty medications on adherence and persistence in an integrated health maintenance organization system. Clinical Therapeutics May 2011: 33(5):598-607
- Gavaza P, Rascati KL, Oladapo AO, Khoza S. The State of Health Economics and Pharmaceoconomics Research in Nigeria: A Systematic Review. Pharmacoeconomics, 2010 Vol 28:7. 539-553.
- Park H, Rascati KL. Comparing Two Cost-Effectiveness Studies of Statins for the Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: Are Statins Cost-Effective From a Korean Health System Perpesctive? Clinical Therapeutics. 2009, Vol. 31 (12), p. 2916-2918.
- Brown CM, Nwokeji ED, Rascati KL, Zachry W, Phillips GA. Development of the Burden of Prior Authorization of Psychotherapeutics (BoPAP) Scale to Assess the Effects of Prior Authorization among Texas Medicaid Providers. Administration and Policy in Mental Health, 2009, Vol. 36, p. 278-287.
- Rascati KL, Richards KM Johnsrud MJ, Mann TA . Effects of Antiepileptic Drug Substitutions on Epileptic Events Requiring Acute Care. Pharmacotherapy, 2009, Vol. 29(7), p. 769-774.
- Yang M, Barner JC, Lawson KA, Rascati KL, Wilson JP, Crismon ML, Worchel J, Mascarenas CA. Antipsychotic Medication Utilization Trends among Texas Veterans: 1997-2002. The Annals of Pharmacotherapy. Vol. 42 (9), p. 1229-1238.
- Yarger S, Rascati K, Lawson K, Barner J, Leslie R. Analysis of Predictive Value of Four Risk Models in Medicaid Recipients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Texas. Clinical Therapeutics, 2008, Vol. 30 (part 1), Asthma and COPD Theme Issue: p 1051-1057.
- Reddy M, Rascati K, Wahawisan J, Rascati M. Pharmacoeconomics Education in U.S. Colleges of Pharmacy Ôø‡Ôø‡Ôø‡ 2007 American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, 2008, Vol. 72 (3) Article 51.
- Rascati KL and Moczygemba L. The Need for Studies on the Pharmacoeconomics of Pharmacy Service. Clinical Therapeutics 2007 Vol. 29, No. 7, p 1488-1490.
- Rascati KL, Akazawa M, Johnsrud M, Stanford RH, Blanchette CM. Comparison of Events (Hospitalizations and Emergent Department Visits) and Costs for Medicaid Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) by Initial Medication Regimen. Clinical Therapeutics. 2007 June; Vol. 29 (6), p. 1203-1213.
- Nwokeji ED, Rascati KL, Moczegemba LR, Wilson JP. Pharmacoepidemiology Education in U.S. Colleges of Pharmacy. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, 2007; Vol. 71, No. 4, Article 80.
- Rascati KL. The $64,000 question--what is a quality-adjusted life-year worth? Clinical Therapeutics. 2006 Jul; Vol. 28 (7), pp. 1042-3.
- Motsko, SP, Rascati, KL, Busti AJ, Wilson JP, Barner JC, Lawson KA, and Worchel J. Temporal Relationship Between Use of NSAIDs, Including Selective Cox-2 Inhibitors, and Cardiovascular Risk. Drug Safety 2006; Vol. 29 (7): 621-632.
- Patel, NC, Crismon ML, Hoagwood K, Johnsrud MJ, Rascati KL, and Wilson JP. Physician Specialty Associated with Antipsychotic Prescribing for Youths in the Texas Medicaid Program. Medical Care 2006; Vol. 44 (1), p. 87-90.
- Rascati KL, Stanford R, Borker BS. A Comparison of the Risk of Hospitalizations Due to COPD in Medicaid in Medicaid Patients with Various Medication Regimens. Clinical Therapeutics 2005, Vol. 27 (3), p. 346-354.
- Rascati KL, Drummond MF, Annemans, L Davey, PG. Education in Pharmacoeconomics: An International Multidisciplinary View, PharmacoEconomics, 2004 Vol.
More Information About Dr. Rascati
> Current Position
> Books / Book Chapters
> Selected Recent Invited Presentations
> Selected Recent Research Presentations
> Return to Rascati's Home Page