The college pays tribute to the contributions of staff members each summer with the staff appreciation celebration.
Each year, ten classified staff members are singled out for recognition for their dedication, service, and outstanding job performances via nominations for excellence or merit awards. This year's event was held Friday, June 4 at the historical Broken Spoke. Participants were treated to a traditional Texas meal, took part in country-western dance lessons, and enjoyed the music of Gary P. Nunn.
During the awards presentation, four staff members were cited for excellence awards including
- Jim Baker, administrative assistant, Business Office
- Oliver Gomez, senior systems analyst, Learning Resources Center
- Mickie Sheppard, administrative manager, Office of Research and Graduate Studies
- Vickie Westlund, administrative associate, Pharmacy Continuing Education Office.
Staff cited for merit awards included:
- Angela Clapper, administrative associate, Pharmacy Practice Division
- Janet Larsen, administrative associate, Learning Resources Center
- Steve Littlefield, administrative service officer, Business Office
- Lauren McIlwain, development specialist, Office of Development and Alumni Affairs
- Stephen Shafer, program coordinator, Maria Croyle's research lab
- Shannon Vincent, administrative associate, Business Office.
In addition, several employees were recognized for service anniversaries including
- Ann Spencer, administrative associate, Student Affairs Office, 30 years
- Debra Madden, assistant to the dean and chief of staff, Dean's Office, 25 years
- Mickie Sheppard, administrative manager, Office of Research and Graduate Studies, 25 years
- Belinda G. Lehmkuhle, senior systems analyst, Learning Resources Center, 20 years
- Janet Larsen, administrative associate, Learning Resources Center, 15 years
- John Reineke, radio/television/film specialist, Learning Resources Center, 15 years
- Iris Jennings, administrative associate, Pharmacy Administration Division, 10 years
- Regina Maldve, senior grants and contracts specialist, Office of Research and Graduate Studies, 10 years
- Mary Kay Tiernan, senior systems analyst, Dean's Office, 10 years
- Nicole Toomey, administrative manager, Dean's Office, 10 years.
Last Reviewed: June 9, 2010