13CMR001 - JCD - Jester West Maintenance & Interior Finishes
DESCRIPTION, SCOPE AND BUDGET:
Student floors in Jester are to be renovated. A detailed project summary is as follows:
Student Rooms: The built-in student room furniture will be removed and new partitions for closet areas will be added. The closets will not have doors. The flooring, lighting, sink, sink cabinet, and accessories will be replaced in the student rooms.
Supplemental Student Rooms (rooms used briefly for temporary housing which convert back to lounge study rooms): Supplemental student rooms will have the flooring and lighting replaced.
Bathrooms: In all of the baths, the flooring, wall tile, ceiling, lighting, mirrors, toilet partitions, plumbing fixtures and accessories will be replaced and new waterproofing will be applied to the floors and walls. Select connecting baths will be modified to be ADA compliant. In community bathrooms, new dressing areas will be created at each of the shower stalls. In private bathrooms, the existing bathtub will be replaced with a shower.
Laundry Rooms: In the laundry room, the locations of the washers and dryers will be reconfigured for a more efficient layout and additional seating. The laundry room floor will be resealed and the ironing board will be replaced.
Corridors: Improvements to the corridors include increasing natural light with additional windows and providing more public space for study and lounge activities. The flooring, ceiling and lighting will all be replaced.
Doors, Windows and Walls: Throughout the floor, the walls will be repainted. The doors with the exception of 5th floor will be replaced. The existing windows will be weather-stripped and riveted shut.
Mechanical: The reheat boxes above the ceiling are being replaced. Thermostats will be relocated above the ceiling and new sensors installed in the student rooms.
Electrical: New panels are added for additional circuits as well as data outlets in the student rooms. The lights throughout the floor being replaced.
Plumbing: The plumbing scope includes replacing the heating water pipes and valves and heating water isolation valves. All the plumbing fixtures and electric water coolers will be replaced. The height of the existing showerheads will be raised.
Fire Protection: Fire sprinkler heads will be replaced with sprinkler heads with protective covers throughout the floor.
Asbestos Abatement: The Owner will provide a complete asbestos survey with positive materials outlined in project plans and specifications. Areas to be abated will be identified. The Owner will contract separately with an Asbestos Consultant Agency for third party air monitoring services and asbestos project management. Asbestos materials to be abated are:
1. All spray applied ceiling texture and overspray in student rooms.
2. All floor tile and mastic in student rooms, laundry room, lounges, and elevator lobbies.
3. Duct insulation black mastic at diffuser locations at each student room.
4. Duct insulation black mastic on HVAC ducting above community bathroom ceilings.
5. Duct insulation black mastic on HVAC ducting in select locations in corridors.
6. Pipe insulation on heating hot water piping above corridor ceilings and above ceilings in community bathrooms.
7. Pipe Joint insulation in sink plumbing chase in each student room and in hallway chases.
8. Duct insulation at main HVAC risers in chases.
9. Asbestos waterproofing on exterior walls between CMU and exterior brick at new window locations.
10. The General Contractor will be responsible for disposal of all regulated materials.
Lead Abatement: The Owner will provide a complete lead survey with regulated materials outlined in project plans and specifications. Areas to be abated will be identified. The Owner will contract separately for third party lead air monitoring services and project management. The Owner will contract with a third party to collect TCLP samples for lead waste disposal. Lead materials to be abated are:
1. Ceramic wall tile in community bathrooms.
2. Ceramic wall tile in private bathrooms.
3. The General Contractor will be responsible for disposal of all lead regulated waste materials.
The general Construction Budget for each GMP of the project is approximately: $3,600,000.00 to $5,100,000.00. The projected annual project breakdown is:
Jester Dormitory (JCD)
- Pre-Proposal Conference Site: FC1 1.118B & C Training Room
- Pre-Proposal Conference Date: November 26, 2012 Time: 10:30 A.M.
- Notice to Proposers Out: November 15, 2012
- Specifications and Plans Available on or about: November 20, 2012
- Envelope #1 Date: December 12, 2012 Time: 10:30 A.M.
- Envelopes #2 and # 3 and Public Response Acknowledgement Date: December 13, 2012 Time: 10:30 A.M.
(All proposal envelope openings held at FC1, Room 2.102. See map below.)
- No. of Addenda: 2
Directions to PMCS:
FC1 - Facilities Complex Building 1, 1301 E. Dean Keeton, Austin (Corner of Dean Keeton and Lafayette St.)
From the South: Take the Manor Rd. exit and continue north through the light passing Mt. Calvary cemetery on the right. Turn right at the LBJ Library sign and stay to the left. The Facilities Complex is just across Dean Keeton. Turn left. At the second driveway, turn right.
From the North: Take the Manor Rd exit. Turn left at Manor Rd. then left again onto the frontage road. Continue north, passing Mt. Calvary cemetery on the right. Turn right at the LBJ Library sign and stay to the left. The Facilities Complex is just across Dean Keeton. Turn left. At the 2nd driveway, turn right.