13CMR002 - Emergency Communication Systems - The University of Texas at Austin
DESCRIPTION, SCOPE AND BUDGET: The University is developing plans to provide voice and equivalent communication within buildings on its various campuses with a multi-phased installation of emergency communication systems within the University buildings and spaces. Communication systems are intended to provide voice and equivalent information to campus occupants from central and local locations both for general information and for emergency direction. Each building/space may require unique adaptation of existing resources to maximize effectiveness. General construction management will be required to manage multiple trades including electrical, fire alarm, public address, masonry, drywall, painting and other sub-contractors.
ESTIMATED CONSTRUCTION VALUE: The initial phases are budgeted at $3,000,000.00. GMP packages will be issued as funding is assigned annually anticipated to extend for at least three years.
- Estimated construction value of the first GMP will range between $585,000.00 and $663,000.00.
- Estimated construction value of the second GMP will range between $585,000.00 and $663,000.00.
- Estimated construction value of the third GMP will range between $585,000.00 and $663,000.00.
SCHEDULE AND PHASING: Phased installation of communication systems will be prioritized to reach the largest number of occupants while managing physical and fiscal restraints.
• Selection Committee reviews and scores responses February 1, 2013.
• Owner notifies firms and executes Master CMR Agreement February 2 - 20, 2013.
• Owner issues effective start date of Master CMR Agreement February 20, 2013.
• Owner issues GMP-1 documents for pricing March 11, 2013.
• GMP-2 - documents November 2013.
• GMP-3 - documents November 2014.
• Future GMP dates to be determined.
The University of Texas at Austin
- Pre-Proposal Conference Site: FC1 1.118B & C Conference Rooms
- Pre-Proposal Conference Date: January 10, 2013 Time: 8:30 A.M.
- Notice to Proposers Out: December 18, 2012
- Specifications and Plans Available on or about: December 20, 2012
- Envelope #1 Date: January 24, 2013 Time: 11:00 A.M.
- Envelopes #2 and # 3 and Public Response Acknowledgement Date: January 25, 2013 Time: 11:00 A.M.
(All proposal envelope openings held at FC1, Room 2.102. See map below.)
- No. of Addenda: 1
Directions to PMCS:
FC1 - Facilities Complex Building 1, 1301 E. Dean Keeton, Austin (Corner of Dean Keeton and Lafayette St.)
From the South: Take the Manor Rd. exit and continue north through the light passing Mt. Calvary cemetery on the right. Turn right at the LBJ Library sign and stay to the left. The Facilities Complex is just across Dean Keeton. Turn left. At the second driveway, turn right.
From the North: Take the Manor Rd exit. Turn left at Manor Rd. then left again onto the frontage road. Continue north, passing Mt. Calvary cemetery on the right. Turn right at the LBJ Library sign and stay to the left. The Facilities Complex is just across Dean Keeton. Turn left. At the 2nd driveway, turn right.