14CMR001 - ARC - Renovations & Additions for ARC Programs
The abbreviated Summary of Work is as follows:
To support growing programs of the University of Texas at Austin Animal Resource Center (ARC), the ARC building and its other related facilities will be modified and expanded in several phases. As master planning develops, the project phases will be identified including renovation and addition of the existing ARC and other buildings. To support multiple overlapping projects one Construction Manager at Risk will be retained for construction.
Schedules will be established to avoid interruption of ongoing research.
• Selection Committee review and scores November 21, 2013.
• Owner notifies firma and executes Master CMR Agreement November 22 –December 6, 2013
• Owner issues effective start date of Master CMR agreement December 6, 2013.
• CMR preconstruction services for GMP-1 December 9 – January 20, 2014.
• Owner issue GMP-1 documents for pricing January 24, 2014.
• Owner issue GMP-2 documents for pricing March 27, 2014
• Owner issue GMP-3 documents for pricing April 15, 2014.
• Future GMP dates to be determined
Initial phases of construction are budgeted as follows:
GMP-1 package is estimated at $342,000.00 to $388,000.00.
GMP-2 + GMP-3 packages are estimated at $765,000.00 to 867,000.00.
GMP-4 package is estimated at $270,000.00 to $306,000.00
Additional undefined GMP package(s) are estimated at $1,800,000.00 to $2,040,000.00.
Pre-construction services for this proposal are limited to the GMP-1 package schedule & estimate at 60% design due January 2, 2014. Additionally, overall schedule coordination with GMP packages listed due January 23, 2014.
The general Construction Budget for all the GMP packages are approximately: $3,195,000.00 to $3,621,000.00.
Animal Resource Center (ARC)
- Pre-Proposal Conference Site: FC1 2.106 Large Conference Room
- Pre-Proposal Conference Date: November 1, 2013 Time: 1:30 P.M.
- Notice to Proposers Out: October 24, 2013
- Specifications and Plans Available on or about: October 28, 2013
- Envelope #1, Envelopes #2, and # 3 and Public Response Acknowledgement Date: November 15, 2013 Time: 11:00 A.M.
(All proposal envelope openings held at FC1, Room 2.102. See map below.)
- No. of Addenda: 1
Directions to PMCS:
FC1 - Facilities Complex Building 1, 1301 E. Dean Keeton, Austin (Corner of Dean Keeton and Lafayette St.)
From the South: Take the Manor Rd. exit and continue north through the light passing Mt. Calvary cemetery on the right. Turn right at the LBJ Library sign and stay to the left. The Facilities Complex is just across Dean Keeton. Turn left. At the second driveway, turn right.
From the North: Take the Manor Rd exit. Turn left at Manor Rd. then left again onto the frontage road. Continue north, passing Mt. Calvary cemetery on the right. Turn right at the LBJ Library sign and stay to the left. The Facilities Complex is just across Dean Keeton. Turn left. At the 2nd driveway, turn right.