14CMR002 - CMA - Classroom and Seating Renovation for CMA and PAC
The abbreviated Summary of Work is as follows:
Moody College of Communication (CMA): The project consists of the renovation of some of the interior finishes, building systems and the replacement of the seats in an auditorium style lecture hall with an area of approximately 5,000 square feet. Selective demolition of some flooring, partitions and ceilings will occur. Minor AV/IT/Security, Plumbing and Fire Suppression work will also be performed.
The general Construction Budget for the CMA project is approximately: $625,000.00 to $675,000.00.
Performing Arts Center (PAC): Work includes, but is not limited to, the removal and replacement of approximately 1,691 theater seats in the Bass Concert Hall with aisle lighting; the removal and replacement of approximately 9,500 square feet of flooring; the removal and replacement of two wheelchair seating platforms for twelve wheelchair spaces and associated companion seating; and the furnishing of a front-of-house cable management raceway.
The general Construction Budget for the PAC GMP packages are approximately: $940,000.00 to $1,100,000.00.
Moody College of Communication (CMA) and Performing Arts Center (PAC)
- Pre-Proposal Conference Site: FC1 1.118 B Conference Room
- Pre-Proposal Conference Moody College of Communication Site Visit: November 18, 2013 Time: 7:30 A.M. (meet at FC1 1.118B, a van will be provided for transportation to CMA and return to FC1)
- Pre-Proposal Conference Date: November 18, 2013 Time: 8:30 A.M.
- Notice to Proposers Out: November 13, 2013
- Specifications and Plans Available on or about: November 15, 2013
- Envelopes #1, #2, and # 3 and Public Response Acknowledgement Date: December 10, 2013 Time: 1:00 P.M.
(All proposal envelope openings held at FC1, Room 2.102. See map below.)
- No. of Addenda: 1
Directions to PMCS:
FC1 - Facilities Complex Building 1, 1301 E. Dean Keeton, Austin (Corner of Dean Keeton and Lafayette St.)
From the South: Take the Manor Rd. exit and continue north through the light passing Mt. Calvary cemetery on the right. Turn right at the LBJ Library sign and stay to the left. The Facilities Complex is just across Dean Keeton. Turn left. At the second driveway, turn right.
From the North: Take the Manor Rd exit. Turn left at Manor Rd. then left again onto the frontage road. Continue north, passing Mt. Calvary cemetery on the right. Turn right at the LBJ Library sign and stay to the left. The Facilities Complex is just across Dean Keeton. Turn left. At the 2nd driveway, turn right.