A Communication Operator is the vital link between citizen and police officer. Their ability to coordinate, direct, and record police activities ensure prompt officer response in emergency and routine situations.
Job description (Human Resources)
Communication Operators may be entitled to TCLEOSE certificate supplemental pay:
- Intermediate Communication Operator Pay $480 annually
- Advance Communication Operator Pay $1,080 annually
- High school diploma or GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Criminal record free of felony convictions, good credit, stable employment history
- Valid driver’s license
- Read, write, and speak English
- Able to operate a hand-held radio
- Good physical condition, able to walk and/or stand for long periods of time
- Acceptable driving record and eligible to operate a university-owned vehicle in accordance with UTS 157
The University of Texas at Austin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status, or sexual orientation.