UTPD generally schedules a Defensive Driving Class about once a month, although the dates are not predetermined. Class dates are published here when available.
- This course is open to the public — you do not have to be associated with UT Austin.
- Class is held in the University Police Building.
- Please bring your driver’s license.
- The cost for the course is $25.00 (check or cash) payable on the class date. If paying in cash, please bring the exact amount because change may not be available.
- You will not be allowed into the classroom after the scheduled start time.
- If you are taking the course for ticket dismissal, you must bring your ticket to class. Information on the ticket will be needed to complete class registration.
- Parking in spaces “Reserved Monday-Friday” without a permit is allowed on Saturday. Do not park in spaces marked “Reserved at all times” without the proper permit. Paid parking is available across the street in Manor Garage.