- B1 Promotions and TCLEOSE Proficiency Certification Commissioned Officers
- B2 Cash Receipts Control Petty Cash Funds
- B3 Community Trust / Law Enforcement Role and Authority
- B4 Internal Affairs
- B5 Emergency Information File
- B6 Equipment, Supplies, and Reference Sources
- B7 Firearms and Qualification Standards
- B8 Honor Guard/Color Guard
- B9 Immunization Program/Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis Vaccination
- B10 Shift Transfers
- B11 Line of Duty Death
- B12 Off-Duty or Secondary Employment
- B13 Organizational Structure
- B14 Procedures for Overtime Assignment
- B15 Police Service Award
- B16 Psychological Guidance / Assistance
- B17 Release of Information
- B18 Release of Information on Students
- B19 Liability Protection Program
- B20 Review of Fleet Collisions
- B21 Review of Personnel Records
- B22 Serial Accountability for Citations
- B23 Police Chaplain Program
- B24 Temporary Alternative Assignments
- B25 Use of Discretion
- B26 Written Directive System
- B27 Use of Outside Hardware and/or Software
- B28 Early Warning Intervention
- B29 Crime Analysis
- B30 Planning and Research
- B31 Administrative Reporting
- B32 Courtesies to the Flag
- B33 Social Media and Networking
|Title||Administration / Policy B-10|
|Purpose||To establish policy regarding transfers.|
|Scope||This directive applies to all personnel.|
- Employees requesting a transfer or reassignment should submit a memorandum to their supervisor. This memorandum will be placed in the transfer file maintained at the commander’s desk.
- Transfers will be considered on January 1st and July 1st of each year.
- Employee submitting a transfer request will be required to specify a desired shift. Each memorandum on file at the time of the vacancy will be considered.
- The Chief of Police must approve a transfer request if the employee is on probation or if non-probationary employees’ request a transfer and they have transferred within the last six months.
- Employees with disciplinary issues (tardiness, failure to respond to training, etc.) will require recommendations from the supervisors on the shift that they are requesting to transfer from and to.
- Employee seniority, dependability, abilities, past evaluations and departmental needs will determine which employee is selected.
- The shift commanders, with approval of the division commander, will make a selection based on the above criteria.