- B1 Promotions and TCLEOSE Proficiency Certification Commissioned Officers
- B2 Cash Receipts Control Petty Cash Funds
- B3 Community Trust / Law Enforcement Role and Authority
- B4 Internal Affairs
- B5 Emergency Information File
- B6 Equipment, Supplies, and Reference Sources
- B7 Firearms and Qualification Standards
- B8 Honor Guard/Color Guard
- B9 Immunization Program/Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis Vaccination
- B10 Shift Transfers
- B11 Line of Duty Death
- B12 Off-Duty or Secondary Employment
- B13 Organizational Structure
- B14 Procedures for Overtime Assignment
- B15 Police Service Award
- B16 Psychological Guidance / Assistance
- B17 Release of Information
- B18 Release of Information on Students
- B19 Liability Protection Program
- B20 Review of Fleet Collisions
- B21 Review of Personnel Records
- B22 Serial Accountability for Citations
- B23 Police Chaplain Program
- B24 Temporary Alternative Assignments
- B25 Use of Discretion
- B26 Written Directive System
- B27 Use of Outside Hardware and/or Software
- B28 Early Warning Intervention
- B29 Crime Analysis
- B30 Planning and Research
- B31 Administrative Reporting
- B32 Courtesies to the Flag
- B33 Social Media and Networking
|Title||Administration / Policy B-22|
|Subject||Serial Accountability for Citations|
|Purpose||To assure an unbroken chain of serial number accountability for citations.|
|Scope||This directive applies to all personnel.|
Court appearance and UT Parking and Transportation Services (UTPTS) citation books will be issued in numerical order. All numbered tickets, including spoiled or voided, will be turned in by no later than the end-of-shift of the duty day in which the ticket was used.
- Store completed and voided tickets and issue log to assure unbroken serial number accountability for paper ticket citations.
- Files for handwritten tickets (yellow copy) will be stored until end of fiscal year plus 3 years.
- Will issue court appearance and UTPTS citation books to officers. In their absence, the shift commander will perform this task.
- Records will be responsible for notifying the procurement officer regarding court appearance and UTPTS citation books.
- Will keep a log of beginning and ending number on each ticket book.
- Supervisors who accept court appearance tickets at the end of shift will assure that tickets turned in by each writer are forwarded to the records unit, along with affidavit and complaint.
- Will assure that ticket books are maintained and used only by the officer to whom issued. Upon completion of a ticket book, the officer will sign and turn in the front cover of the book, which displays the beginning and ending number.