- B1 Promotions and TCLEOSE Proficiency Certification Commissioned Officers
- B2 Cash Receipts Control Petty Cash Funds
- B3 Community Trust / Law Enforcement Role and Authority
- B4 Internal Affairs
- B5 Emergency Information File
- B6 Equipment, Supplies, and Reference Sources
- B7 Firearms and Qualification Standards
- B8 Honor Guard/Color Guard
- B9 Immunization Program/Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis Vaccination
- B10 Shift Transfers
- B11 Line of Duty Death
- B12 Off-Duty or Secondary Employment
- B13 Organizational Structure
- B14 Procedures for Overtime Assignment
- B15 Police Service Award
- B16 Psychological Guidance / Assistance
- B17 Release of Information
- B18 Release of Information on Students
- B19 Liability Protection Program
- B20 Review of Fleet Collisions
- B21 Review of Personnel Records
- B22 Serial Accountability for Citations
- B23 Police Chaplain Program
- B24 Temporary Alternative Assignments
- B25 Use of Discretion
- B26 Written Directive System
- B27 Use of Outside Hardware and/or Software
- B28 Early Warning Intervention
- B29 Crime Analysis
- B30 Planning and Research
- B31 Administrative Reporting
- B32 Courtesies to the Flag
- B33 Social Media and Networking
|Title||Administration / Policy B-9|
|Subject||Hepatitis & Tuberculosis Screening Programs|
|Purpose||To inform officers of contagious diseases which they could come in contact with during the course of their duties and to offer officers an immunization program for Hepatitis and a screening program for Tuberculosis.|
|Scope||This directive applies to commissioned officers.|
- Hepatitis virus immunization and Tuberculosis testing will be made available to all commissioned officers and the following shall apply:
- Participation in the immunization program will be on a voluntary basis and at no cost to the officer.
- The immunization program will be administered by University Health Services or appropriate medical personnel.
- If an officer initially declines to participate in the Hepatitis immunization or tuberculosis screening program they can decide at a later date to participate, and the vaccination series and tuberculosis screening to shall be made available at that time.
- If an officer chooses not to participate in the immunization program they will be required to acknowledge a mandatory declination form. The training division maintains these forms.
- The declination is not a waiver of rights or benefits under a federal laws or workers’ compensation. It is only a documented record that this department has fulfilled four of its responsibilities under the standard:
- To inform employees of their status as occupationally-exposed.
- To offer employees the immunization and testing program.
- To train employees on specific aspects of the immunization and testing program.
- To document that the above three have been accomplished.