Criteria for Selection
The Civitatis Award recognizes outstanding faculty citizenship. To be considered for the Civitatis Award, a faculty member must:
1. Be a current tenured member of the faculty.
2. Have provided dedicated and meritorious service to The University of Texas at Austin above and beyond the regular expectations of teaching, research, and service; and
3. Be a person of such integrity, stature, demonstrated ability, and renown that the university community, including alumni, faculty, staff, and students, will take pride in and be inspired by his or her recognition.
1. Submit a letter (or e-mail message) of nomination to the Faculty Council Executive Committee, including:
2. The annual deadline for submitting nominations is October 15.
3. Submit nominations to:
Campus mailing address: West Mall Building, Room 2.102 (F9500)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection Process and Recognition
1. The Faculty Council Executive Committee will review the nominations and recommend candidates to the president by November 1.
2. The president will choose a Civitatis Award recipient from the recommended candidates but has the discretion either to make an award or not in any one year.
3. Once chosen by the president, the Civitatis Award recipient will be announced at a Faculty Council meeting and recognized at an appropriate institutional event.
Questions about the Civitatis Award program should be directed to the Office of the General Faculty at (512) 471-5943.
Revised November 2, 2009