University-Wide Teaching Awards (General Information)
The Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost administers the selection for nine University-Wide teaching awards. There are deadlines for nominations in both fall and spring semesters with faculty selection committees appointed by Senior Vice Provost David Laude. The University-Wide Teaching Award deadlines are as follows:
- Jean Holloway Award for Excellence in Teaching — Deadline TBA
- Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation Teaching Award — Wednesday, October 21, 2015
- President’s Associates Teaching Award — Deadline TBA
- Academy of Distinguished Teachers — Deadline TBA
- Dads' Association Centennial Teaching Fellowships — Deadline TBA
- Friar Centennial Teaching Fellowship — Deadline TBA
- Joe and Bettie Branson Ward Endowed Excellence Award — Deadline TBA
- Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Award — Deadline TBA
- William David Blunk Memorial Professorship — Deadline TBA
Requirements for University-Wide Teaching Awards
(Note: Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Award has different requirements)
A faculty member must have a continuing appointment at the University of Texas, Austin in the year subsequent to their selection.
Submission Instruction Overview
All required electronic nomination documents must be received at the Provost’s office by the respective deadline or the nomination may not be considered.
To note: Coordination of award files should route through each respective dean's office.
All final nomination packages will be uploaded to the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost, from the respective dean's office, through UT Austin Box Service:
An individual in each dean's office will need to be authorized to upload documents to the provost's office box. Please have the appropriate Dean's office representative contact Lydia Cornell at 512-232-3312 (or at Lydia.Cornell@austin.utexas.edu) to establish upload authorization.
You may access UT Austin Box Service at: https://utexas.app.box.com/login
Within two days of submission deadline, Lydia Cornell will contact all Dean's office representatives with a confirmation list of nominees. Also, feel free to contact Lydia Cornell at 512-232-3312 (or at Lydia.Cornell@austin.utexas.edu) if you have any questions or need any clarification on any point of nomination submission.