University-Wide Teaching Awards (General Information)
The Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost administers the selection for nine University-Wide teaching awards. There are deadlines for nominations in both fall and spring semesters with faculty selection committees appointed by Senior Vice Provost David Laude. The University-Wide Teaching Award deadlines are as follows:
- Jean Holloway Award for Excellence in Teaching — Monday, September 29 - Friday, October 31, 2014
- Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation Teaching Award — Friday, October 24, 2014
- President’s Associates Teaching Award — Friday, November 14, 2014
- Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Award — Friday, January 9, 2015
- William David Blunk Memorial Professorship — Friday, February 20, 2015
- Friar Centennial Teaching Fellowship — Monday, February 23, 2015 - Friday, March 27, 2015
- Dads' Association Centennial Teaching Fellowships — Friday, March 6, 2015
- Academy of Distinguished Teachers — Friday, March 13, 2015
No Nominations until 2016
Requirements for University-Wide Teaching Awards
(Note: Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Award has different requirements)
A faculty member must have a continuing appointment at the University of Texas, Austin in the year subsequent to their selection.
Submission Instruction Overview
All required electronic nomination documents must be received at the Provost’s office by the respective deadline or the nomination may not be considered.
To note: Coordination of award files should route through each respective dean's office.
All final nomination packages will be uploaded to the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost, from the respective dean's office, through UT Austin Box Service:
An individual in each dean's office will need to be authorized to upload documents to the Provost's Office box. Please have the appropriate Dean's office representative contact Kati Pelletier at 512-232-3312 (or at firstname.lastname@example.org) to establish upload authorization.
You may access UT Austin Box Service at: https://utexas.app.box.com/login
Within two days of submission deadline, Kati will contact all Dean's office representatives with a confirmation list of nominees. Also, feel free to contact Kati at 512-232-3312 (or at email@example.com) if you have any questions or need any clarification on any point of nomination submission.