University-Wide Teaching Awards Nomination Package
- All final nomination packages will be uploaded to the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost, from the respective Dean's office, through the UT Austin Box Service.
- An individual in each Dean's office will need to be authorized to upload documents to the provost's office box. Please have the appropriate Dean's office representative contact Lydia Cornell at 512-232-3312 (or at Lydia.Cornell@austin.utexas.edu) to establish upload authorization.
- If there is more than one nominee in any category the Dean should send an email ranking nominees to Lydia.Cornell@austin.utexas.edu including names of nominees and their associated department and category.
- All required electronic nomination documents must be received at the Provost’s office by the respective deadline or the nomination may not be considered.
- Within two days of submission deadline, Lydia Cornell will contact all Dean's office representatives with a confirmation list of nominees.
NOMINATION PACKAGE REQUIREMENTS
A PDF of the below information can be downloaded by clicking here.
Submit parts one through three (or four, optionally) as separate documents with the following information:
Title of PDF: “Lastname-Awardname-Part 1”
Bookmark each section of the PDF to reflect the Table of Contents.
- Cover page listing the following information:
- Nominee’s name
- Department name
- Contact information
- Table of Contents
- Teaching Portfolio:
- Curriculum vitae (A biographical sketch of selected accomplishments relevant to the award criteria; 2-4 pages)
- A statement of teaching philosophy, objectives, and outcomes that demonstrate a commitment to teaching (2-4 pages)
- Syllabus of a recent course
- Course materials that demonstrate ongoing pedagogical improvement and innovation (limit 10 pages)
- Student Evaluations of Teaching:
- Letters of support from students (between 2 and 4)
- Teaching Evaluations from Non-Student Sources:
- Letter of support from dean of the college
- Letter of support from chair of the department
- Letter(s) of support from peer faculty (no more than 2)
PART TWO: CIS Comments
Title of PDF: “Lastname-Awardname-Part 2-CIS Comments
Nominees are to submit all CIS written comments from the last two years of teaching. All comments must be scanned from the originals and saved into a single PDF.
PART THREE: Course Data Sheet
Title of Excel Spreadsheet: “Lastname-Awardname-Part 3-Course Data”
Use the template provided by the Provost’s Office to fill out all courses taught in the last two years. The Provost’s Office will complete the grade data highlighted in yellow. The Dean’s Office awards representative should contact Lydia Cornell via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request this information.
PART FOUR (OPTIONAL): Supplemental Materials
Title of PDF: “Lastname-Awardname-Part 4-Supplemental”
Nominees may submit supplemental materials as desired.
Incomplete, late, or incorrectly formatted nominations may not be considered.
A faculty member must have a continuing appointment at the University of Texas, Austin in the year subsequent to their selection.