VPR Internal Deadline
Funding Agency Deadline
Funding or Award Criteria
“The DOE/NSF delegation consists of U.S. doctoral students whose current research at their universities is funded by one of the sponsoring agencies. These students will travel to Lindau to participate in discussions with the Nobel Laureates, as well as other graduate students and junior researchers from around the world.”
A student nominated to participate in this program must:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time graduate student;
- Be currently sponsored by or working on and supported by projects sponsored by the agency to which the nomination is made, such as the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science, the National Science Foundation Directorate for Mathematical and Physical Sciences, the National Institutes of Health National Institute of General Medical Sciences or other federal agency; and
- Have completed, by June 2014, two years of study toward a doctoral degree in medicine/physiology or in a related discipline, but not planning a dissertation/thesis defense before December 31, 2014.
Physiology/medicine or related discipline
# of Nominees Allowed
3 (1 ORAU, 2 MARS)
VPR Required Documents
- Completed and signed nomination form
- Two-page personal resume;
- Two-page letter of reference from the student's research mentor; and
- An essay of no more than one page written by the applicant describing why participation in the Lindau meeting is important for the applicant’s graduate education.
For more information, please contact Liza Scarborough at 471-2877, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominee(s) Selected to Advance
Grace Lee (College of Pharmacy); Stephanie Steichen (Biomedical Engineering); Gabriel Wu (Cell and Molecular Biology)