The Survey for Home and Center Directors
Below is a brief overview of the types of questions we ask in the Early Childhood Workforce Professional Study. The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
- Basic Information
- In what year were you born?
- How would you describe your race or ethnicity?
- What is your marital status?
- What is your gender?
- Are you a parent?
- Work Information
- How many years have you worked in child care?
- Have you worked in other homes?
- Have you worked in centers?
- How long has your home been open as a childcare facility?
- Compensation and Benefits
- How many children did you have in your care last month?
- How much does this child’s day care cost?
- Do you have employees?
- How much is your staff paid?
- How much is your salary?
- In the next two years, do you plan to continue to have a daycare facility?
- What are your future plans?
- This will also include a series of questions concerning the amount of control you feel you have at work i.e. how much control to do you have over getting the children to do what you want?
Participants in the study will be compensated with a $15 gift card for completing the survey. At the end of the survey, you will be asked to provide a mailing address in order for us to send the gift card. You will also be asked to choose whether you would like a gift card to HEB, Target or Wal-Mart. Additionally, for each survey that is returned from your center, a $5 gift card will be donated to your center.