Yetkin Yildirim, Ph.D.
Director, Texas Pavement Preservation Center
Research Assistant Professor
(512) 232-3070 FAX
Dr. Yildirim is the director of the Texas Pavement Preservation Center. He received his Masters (1998), and Ph.D. (2000) in Civil Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin. Throughout his studies at UT, Dr. Yildirim was involved with the South Central Superpave Center at UT and then served as the project manager of the Superpave and Asphalt Technology program at UT. In addition to conducting research at the center, Dr. Yildirim has also taught courses on Superpave mix design and Superpave binder testing and characterization. Dr. Yildirim has taught courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels at UT including "Pavement Preservation", "Modern Pavement Materials", "Design of Bituminous Mixtures", and "Special Research Studies" in the area of Pavement Materials. Dr. Yildirim has also served as the Director of the Engineering Education Research Center (EERC), where he has been conducting research regarding new developments in model-based learning activities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education.
- Dispute resolution
- New materials
- Material characterization
- Pavement preservation
- Transportation engineering
- Engineering education
- Online training
- Yildirim, Y., “Texas Pavement Preservation Center Four-Year Summary Report,” Center for Transportation Research, July 2009.
- Yildirim, Y., Button, J., W., “Pavement Preservation Treatment Performance”, FHWA Transportation System Preservation Research, Development, and Implementation Roadmap, Pages 277-283, January 2008.
- Yildirim, Y., “Polymer Modified Binders,” Construction and Building Materials, Elsevier Journals, Volume 21, Issue 1, Pages 66-72, January 2007.
- Yildirim, Y., “Field Performance Comparison of Hot Pour Crack Sealants to Emulsified Asphalt Crack Sealants”, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 34, Pages 505-512, May 2007.
- Yildirim, Y., Ideker, J., Hazlett, D., “Evaluation of Viscosity Values for Mixing and Compaction Temperatures”, American Society of Civil Engineers, Journal of Materials Engineering, Volume 18, Number 4, Pages 545-553, July / August 2006.
- Yildirim, Y., “TxDOT Dispute Resolution Process for Construction Contract Claims Settlements”, Transportation Law Journal, Volume 32, Number 3, Pages 351-370, Summer 2005.
- Yildirim, Y., Hazlett, D., Davio R., “Toner Modified Asphalt Demonstration Projects,” Elsevier Journals, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, Volume 42, Issue 3, Pages 295-308, October 2004.
- Yildirim, Y., Solaimanian, M., McGennis, R. B., Kennedy, T. W., “Comparative Analysis of Volumetric Properties for Superpave Gyratory Compactors,” Transportation Research Record No. 1712, Construction, Pages 44-49, 2000.
- Yildirim, Y., Solaimanian, M., Kennedy, T. W., “Mixing and Compaction Temperatures for Superpave Mixes,” The Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, Volume 69, Pages 34-72, 2000.
- Yildirim, Y., “Personnel Training in TxDOT Construction Contract Claims Dispute Resolution”, American Society of Civil Engineers Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction.