Project Summary Reports (PSRs)
There has been a change in the PSR format.
For general information or any questions about PSR deliverables, including deadlines and procedures, please call Maureen Kelly at 232-3128 or send an e-mail.
Please do not format your summary as a two-column brochure (this will be done by TxDOT). See a sample. Just submit your PSR as a double-spaced Word document, with an average of 800 words.
A graphic is no longer required, but may be included if it will most effectively convey the information. Text will then need to be shortened to make space for the graphic. You may send the summary and graphics to the CTR editors as e-mail attachments or you can submit the PSR on a CD/floppy/zip. The document will be edited and sent to TxDOT.
Note: The Technical Report Documentation Page ("dot" page) is not required when submitting a PSR.
Below is a checklist for your use in preparing the submittal.
1. In the header include the following information:
- [Title of PSR] (must be different from project title and titles of other reports)
- Project Summary Report [#-####-S] - include project prefix (Ex. "0-1234-S")
- [Project #-####]: [project title]
- Research Team-the names of all the researchers who should be credited in the PSR
2. In the body of the PSR, include the following information:
- Background - a brief description on the purpose and scope of the project and why the research was important.
- What the Researchers Did - a brief summary of project activities, and problems encountered, if any.
- What They Found - a summary of the research findings and what conclusions can be drawn from them, and whether or not the findings were as anticipated.
- What This Means - suggestions from the research team for putting project findings to use.