Project Summary Reports (PSRs)
For general information or any questions about PSR deliverables, including deadlines and procedures, please call Maureen Kelly at 512.232.3128 or send an e-mail.
Please do not format your summary with extensive formatting; TxDOT lays out the final publication. Just submit your PSR as a Word document, with an average of 800 words.
A graphic is not required, but may be included if it will most effectively convey the information. Text will then need to be shortened to make space for the graphic.
Note: The Technical Report Documentation Page ("DOT" page) is not required when submitting a PSR.
Below is a checklist for your use in preparing the submittal.
1. Begin the document by providing the following information:
- [Title of PSR] (must be different from project title and titles of other reports)
- Project Summary Report [#-####-S] - include project prefix (Ex. "0-1234-S")
- [Project #-####]: [project title]
- Research Team-the names of all the researchers who should be credited in the PSR
2. In the body of the PSR, include these four headings and accompanying text:
- Background - a brief description on the purpose and scope of the project and why the research was important.
- What the Researchers Did - a brief summary of project activities, and problems encountered, if any.
- What They Found - a summary of the research findings and what conclusions can be drawn from them, and whether or not the findings were as anticipated.
- What This Means - suggestions from the research team for putting project findings to use.