Information contained on this page is outdated and is maintained solely for archival purposes. For current information, search OSPís site: If you do not find what you need, send a detailed information request to email@example.com.
The following is a condensed version of the guidelines, with added UT requirements and FAQs.
Because the program has undergone a major revision, please visit the following link for the full guidelines: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/NHARP/RFA/
The following information is due to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than NOON September 1, 2011 (NO Proposal Review Form is required):
INTERNAL OSP DEADLINE for Pre-Proposals: September 8, 2011
THECB PRE-PROPOSAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 15, 2011
Make sure you are registered or your information is up-to-date at https://www1.thecb.state.tx.us/apps/NHARP/
Submission of a pre-proposal is required. Pre-proposals must be completed online and submitted electronically through the Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP). Principal Investigators must adhere to institution-specific internal deadlines for the completion of their proposals.
A pre-proposal shall contain:
A pre-proposal does not include a budget page; however it does include the total two-year funding amount requested.
Notes regarding the additional page:
One additional PDF page may be uploaded into the pre-proposal. The additional page may be used for one diagram, formula, graph, picture, chart, etc. A figure would be similar to a figure in a hard-copy journal, and therefore could be a composite figure depicting, e.g., stages within a time sequence. A brief caption (maximum of 30 words) may be included. It is the responsibility of OSP to ensure that the rule for the separate PDF is followed sensibly. Reviewers have the option of not considering the extra page if instructions are not followed. Maximum size for the uploaded file is 3 MB.
INTERNAL OSP DEADLINE for FULL Proposals: December 8, 2011
THECB FULL PROPOSAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 15, 2011
FUNDING PERIOD: July 1, 2012 to August 31, 2014
All proposals must be submitted electronically. The online proposal submittal procedure and forms are on the website at https://www1.thecb.state.tx.us/apps/NHARP/ under the investigators’ individual account.
When the proposal is complete, the investigator will click the “Send to OSP” button on the Proposal Preparation page. This will change the proposal status to “Sent to OSP”. The proposal is not submitted until the “Send to OSP” button is clicked and the proposal status changes to “Sent to OSP”.
After review and approval, OSP will click the “Submit to THECB” button on the NHARP electronic site. The proposal status will change to “Received”. Electronic transfer through the Office of Sponsored Projects at the PI’s institution represents a signed submission of the proposal.
- Awards are not provided exclusively for equipment acquisition. However, requests may be made for equipment.
- Capital equipment will be defined by the grantee institution.
- Capital equipment included in project costs must be specifically listed and justified in the proposal.
- Only capital equipment specifically listed in the approved capital equipment list may be purchased with grant funds.
- Capital equipment may not be purchased after August 31, 2013, without prior THECB approval.
- Faculty Salaries, including summer salaries. A cost share form must be provided for each PI/Co-PI to track their contributed time. http://www.utexas.edu/research/osp/cost_share.pdf
- Costs for construction or remodeling of facilities cannot be charged to award funds.
- Indirect costs cannot be charged to award funds.
- Scholarships, tuition, and stipends cannot be charged to award funds.
- Public institutions cannot include fringe benefits in project costs. Fringe benefits for public institutions are paid from separate lines in their state appropriations.
- Capital equipment cannot be charged to award funds unless it is specifically listed in the approved capital equipment list.
- International travel cannot be charged to award funds.
- Travel expense for consultants based outside the U.S. cannot be charged to award funds.
- Visa application fees cannot be charged to award funds.
Before or on November 10, 2011 at https://www1.thecb.state.tx.us/apps/NHARP/.
No salary is allowed, do I need to submit a cost share recap for the PI effort devoted to the project?
Yes. OSP will require a Cost-Share Recap form
The Office of Sponsored Projects will submit the applications directly to THECB
The limit includes spaces, punctuation, html and special characters.