The purpose of the Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation, Inc., is to advance the science of chemistry, chemical engineering and related sciences as a means of improving human relations and circumstances. Established in 1946 by chemist, inventor and businessman Camille Dreyfus as a memorial to his brother Henry, the Foundation became a memorial to both men when Camille Dreyfus died in 1956. Throughout its history the Foundation has sought to take the lead in identifying and addressing needs and opportunities in the chemical sciences.
The Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation supports the scholarly activity of new faculty in Ph.D.-granting departments with an award to help initiate their independent research programs. The New Faculty Awards Program provides an unrestricted research grant of $50,000 that is generally approved before the new faculty members formally begin their first tenure-track appointments.
New Faculty Award Winners
Hal Alper (Chemical Engineering) - 2008
Eric V. Anslyn (Chemistry & Biochemistry) - 1989
David A. Vanden Bout (Chemistry & Biochemistry) - 1997
Visit the Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation Web site.