Visit the National Medal of Technology & Innovation website.
VPR Internal Deadline
Funding Agency Deadline
Funding or Award Criteria
“The National Medal of Technology and Innovation (formerly known as the National Medal of Technology) is the highest honor for technological achievement bestowed by the President of the United States on America's leading innovators…The Medal is awarded annually to individuals, teams (up to four individuals), companies or divisions of companies for their outstanding contributions to the Nation's economic, environmental and social well-being through the development and commercialization of technological products, processes and concepts; technological innovation; and development of the Nation's technological manpower.”
- Nominations for the National Medal of Technology and Innovation can be made for an individual, a team of up to four individuals, a company or a division of a company.
- Individuals or teams of individuals from a national laboratory or government agency are eligible for nomination; however, a national laboratory or government agency as an organization is not eligible for consideration.
- In the case of individuals and teams, U.S. citizenship is a requirement.
- In the case of a for-profit company or non-profit organization, the company/organization must be U.S.-owned, which is defined by the Medal program as having more than 50 percent of its shares or assets owned by U.S. citizens.
- Only nominations on behalf of living individuals are eligible for consideration. However, if an individual passes away after their recommendation is sent forward, a posthumous award may be made.
- Members of the National Medal of Technology and Innovation Evaluation Committee cannot receive the Medal during the period of their service on the committee or for a period of three years thereafter.
- All nominees selected as finalists through the merit review process will be subject to an FBI security check. Information collected through the security check may be considered in the final selection of winners.
technology, business and related fields
# of Nominees Allowed
VPR Required Documents
- Nomination form
- At least six letters of recommendation or support from individuals who have first-hand knowledge of the cited achievement(s).
For more information, please contact Liza Scarborough at 471-2877, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominee(s) Selected to Advance: