Visit the ORAU Travel Grants website.
VPR Internal Deadline
8/15 and 2/15 annually
Funding Agency Deadline
Funding or Award Criteria
Faculty members can request up to $800 to facilitate travel. Criteria for decisions to award travel grants include:
• Potential engagement of others, especially students
• Probability of a long-term collaboration
• New collaboration (proposed partners have no strong current ties)
• Well-defined outcome(s), such as a proposal to an identified opportunity, a white paper in anticipation of future funding, or a publication as a result of data collected during the visit.
Applications must be for travel to collaborate with researchers at ORNL, Y-12, ORAU laboratories or work sites, or another ORAU institution. This program is not intended to support travel to work with current collaborations or to interact with potential collaborators at locations other than their laboratories, such as conferences. Please note that:
• Requests must comply with federal travel expenditure guidelines.
• Applications must be submitted BEFORE the travel takes place (no grants will be awarded after the fact).
• Each ORAU Institution is limited to two requests within ORAU’s fiscal year (October 1 – September 30).
# of Nominees Allowed
Each ORAU Institution is limited to two requests within ORAU’s fiscal year (October 1 – September 30)
ORAU does not allow overhead charges or indirect costs on the award from ORAU.
• Grants may only be used to cover either transportation expenses (train, plane, bus or other) or accommodation expenses.
• Other travel-related expenses, such as food, will not be reimbursed.
• Travel must be completed by September 30 (the end of ORAU’s fiscal year.)
Within 30 days of the trip, grant recipients will need to send a one-page summary of the outcomes of the trip, including any presentations made, visits with students, other benefits, and anticipated outcomes via email to email@example.com.
Nominee(s) Selected to Advance
Catherine Cubbin, School of Social Work; Mia Markey, Department of Biomedical Engineering