VPR Internal Deadline
Funding Agency Deadline
Funding or Award Criteria
Since 1951, Nobel Laureates in chemistry, physics, and physiology/medicine convene annually in Lindau, Germany, to have open and informal meetings with students and young researchers. The Laureates lecture on the topic of their choice in the mornings and participate in less formal, small-group discussions with the students in the afternoons and some evenings. In addition to this valuable interaction, the participants enjoy the picturesque island city of Lindau. This medieval city—rich in central European culture—is located at the eastern end of Lake Constance, just north of the Swiss Alps, at the common border of Austria, Germany, and Switzerland.
Students and young researchers are nominated and selected by several sponsoring agencies and organizations.
A student nominated to participate in this program must:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time graduate student.
- Have completed by June 2015 at least two academic years of study toward a doctoral degree in physics, physiology or medicine, chemistry or related discipline, but not planning a dissertation/thesis defense before December 31, 2015.
- Be an active researcher who is performing research funded by public or private sources.
Physics, chemistry, physiology/medicine or related discipline
# of Nominees Allowed
5 (1 ORAU, 4 Mars/NSF)
VPR Required Documents
- completed nomination form per candidate:
- a personal resume of the nominee. should be in this standard format provided.
- a strong letter of reference from the nominee’s research advisor and
- an essay of no more than one page written by the nominee describing why participation in the Lindau meeting is important for the nominee’s graduate education.
For more information, please contact Liza Scarborough at 471-2877, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominee(s) Selected to Advance